Punta Cana Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Punta Cana Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
make sure you watch when they look through your stuff if they see something nice that they want they WILL try to take it. - the parasite
photo credit: Christopher T Cooper / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Punta Cana International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small open-air international airport with a modest variety of shops and some 24-hour dining options, all airside.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
- A few reviewers noted problems going through security checkpoint due to dishonest security staff, so be aware!
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have slept in this airport, However, a reviewer mentioned that there are benches available and grassy areas between the terminals. If you choose to sleep at the airport, have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy for added comfort. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Punta Cana Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge Punta Cana - Location: Terminal A, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - last scheduled flight departure (approx. 9:00AM).
- VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal B, Airside, 2nd floor, next to the food court and before the departure gates. Hours: 8:00AM - last scheduled flight departure (approx. 9:00AM).
Free WiFi is available at Punta Cana Airport.
If sleeping in Punta Cana Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village - (5 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle service available.
- Westin Puntacana Resort & Club - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Punta Cana Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available on the main floor, as well as airside on the 2nd floor.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes. In Terminals 1 and 2, near the exit from immigration and in the baggage claim area.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, as well as a wide variety of shops selling clothes, toys, souvenirs, books, and more.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with at least one Colombian-style deli open 24 hours. According to a recent reviewer, there is a Dunkin’ Donuts, various sweets shops, a snack shop, an ice cream shop, and a food court with five fast food-type restaurants.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Main Hall. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging - Yes
The airport operates 24 hours a day, but according to recent reviews, the airport appears to close at night, so overnight stays are not possible.
Some area hotels, such as Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village, offer airport shuttle service as a convenience for their guests. Contact your hotel of choice for shuttle service availability and information.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: American Int., Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Interrent, National, Nelly, Payless, Sixt and Thrifty
Fixed-rate taxis are readily available at the airport and taxi stands located throughout the area. Confirm the rate for your destination with the driver before starting your trip.
Last Updated: 27 November 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.