Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Santos Dumont Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I settled in there, was asleep again, and within 20 minutes they were asking us to move into a narrow hall because they had to clean the big hall. - giggglius
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Santos Dumont Airport.
What to Expect
- A regional airport with two separate terminal buildings for Arrivals and Departures, located on the waterfront.
- A limited variety of shopping and dining options are available.
- Food concessions close around 10:00PM, so have food and beverage handy for late-night snacking if you plan to spend the night.
- The airport terminals are open-air, which mean that you are semi-exposed to the elements, and the temperature outside is what the terminal will be inside. If it is hot and humid outside, you will be hot and humid in the terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- According to one reviewer, sleeping in this airport can be a real pain. Sleeping passengers were unable to sleep well due to being constantly shuffled around the airport terminals by airport staff for cleaning purposes.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- The airport closes at 11:00PM and reopens again around 4:30AM. Travelers will not be let in or out of the airport between those hours, so get there before closing if you wish to spend the night!
- For safety reasons, do not wander off airport grounds at night!
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- TAM VIP Lounge - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gate 4.
Free WiFi is available at Santos Dumont Airport. Connect to the ”Infraero WI-FI Gratis” network.
If sleeping in Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Santos Dumont Airport - Located only 200m from the terminal. Free transfers from the airport to the hotel. To find the shuttle, exit the terminal and look for the white van with the Ibis logo. The shuttle is timed to meet arrivals. A drop-off at the airport costs R$6,00 and runs every 20 minutes between 5:20AM - 11:00PM.
- Novotel Santos Dumont - (5 min walk from the terminal) Located 400m from the airport terminal. Free shuttle bus (silver or white van) runs every 20 minutes. A drop-off at the airport costs R$6,00.
- Aeroporto Othon Travel - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Santos Dumont Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Banco do Brasil • Bradesco • HSBC • Itaú • Santander - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall.
- Baby Changing Room - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall. Hours: 06:00 AM - 10:30 PM.
- Car Rentals - Hertz • Localiza • Locaralpha • Movida. Location: Arrivals Terminal. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Currency Exchange - Bradesco • Caixa Econômica Federal • Itaú - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall . Hours: 10:00AM - 4:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24-hour food and beverage concessions at this airport however you will find options both Landside and Airside.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Pharmacy - Location: Departures Terminal, 1st floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 15 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.