San Pedro Sula Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our San Pedro Sula Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The worst part? They play crappy music all night.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ramón Villeda Morales International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, newly-built single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a limited selection of reasonably-priced shops and restaurants. Tasty snacks and coffee are available 24 hours!
- A safe, clean and comfortable atmosphere with perfect ambient temperature in the terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Many travelers overnight here, and the food court area is where they all sleep. There are only a few comfortable leather chairs and power outlets available in that area, so try to snag a chair and a spot near an outlet as soon as you can! Sleeping on the floor is perfectly fine here too, so have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort.
- Have your passport ready to show airport security when they come around to check for it.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our San Pedro Sula Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at San Pedro Sula airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Salas Internacionales VIP Club - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor, adjacent to Gate 7. Hours: 5:00AM - 9:00PM. Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free Wi Fi is available at San Pedro Sula Airport. Connect to the “Rentocell” Network.
If sleeping in San Pedro Sulas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Aparthotel Villa Nuria - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle available upon request.
- Metrotel Express - (12 min from the airport) No airport shuttle available. The hotel can arrange a taxi pick-up (driver will have a sign with your name on it) Cost is approx. $15.00 paid to the driver.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near San Pedro Sula Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available on the main level.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops selling souvenir type items.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of writing, no 24-hour options are available. There are however a number of food and beverage shops in the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 08 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.