Timehri Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Timehri Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Georgetown Airport.
What to Expect
- The current terminal is very old, though recent construction on a new terminal may be completed soon.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, hotels are located about 1 hour from the airport; no shuttle service is available. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Georgetown Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Roraima Airways Executive Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: 3:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily).
Free WiFi is available at Timehri Airport.
If sleeping in Timehri Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels near the airport. These were the closest hotels that we found:
- Guyana Marriott Hotel Georgetown - (1 hr from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Sleepin International Hotel & Guesthouse - (1 hr from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Durban Hotel -(1 hr from the airport) An airport shuttle is available upon request and prepayment. Cost is approx. US$ 25.00 each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Timehri Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Yes.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in the Departures lounge. In order to purchase any duty-free items, you must present your valid airline ticket and passport. It is not known if there are any other shops available.
- Food & Drinks - You will find food and drinks available (4 locations) both landside and airside, hours are not known.
- Information Desk - Customer service representatives can be found throughout the airport to assist you.
- Luggage Wrapping - Available in the Check-In Hall, starting at $6 per piece of luggage.
- Medical Services - Port Health provides medical services, location and hours are not known.
- Prayer Room - Location: Airside, Immigration Area. Religion: Muslim.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Several car rental agencies operate at the airport. A temporary driver’s license, obtainable at the Customs Department, is required in order to rent a vehicle.
Ride like the locals do! Shared-ride buses offer economical transportation between the airport and Georgetown, with a cost of around GYD $240 for a ride.
Flat-rate taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.