Willemstad Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Willemstad Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
A security guard woke me 4 hours later and said that my flight was boarding, or else I would have missed it! - Trey
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Willemstad Airport.
What to Expect
- This airport has a single terminal with two floors.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- There are no 24 hour concessions, so be sure to purchase food before the restaurants close, if you plan to stay the night.
Where to Sleep
- According to a recent review, overnight stays are not permitted. (Traveller, August 2016)
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use the VIP Lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Willemstad Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Willemstad airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- VIP Lounge - Location: airside, second floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$20)
Free WiFi is available at Willemstad Airport.
Additionally, there are ten pay-per-use internet kiosks available, with two in the main hall (ground floor) and eight in the departures area (1st floor). For access, purchase a voucher at one of the Cafe Barista locations.
If sleeping in Curacao Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Curacao Airport Hotel - Located adjacent to the airport.
- Blue Bay Curacao - (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available for US$30 each way (for up to 4 people).
- Mustique Suites Curacao - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Floris Suite Hotel - (15 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service is for approx. US$ 35 per person (roundtrip)
- Hilton Curacao - (15 minutes from the airport) Shuttle is available (approx. US$29).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Curacao Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Four ATMs are available 24 hours a day, located in the public areas and in the arrivals and departures lounges.
- Baggage Trolleys - Available to use, free of charge.
- Banking - Maduro Curiels Bank (MCB) offers full-service banking at their onsite branch. Location: Arrivals Hall, near the fountain plaza Hours: 7:00AM - 3:30PM.
- Car Rentals - Yes. See our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - USD, Euro and ANG (Antillean Guilders) can be exchanged at one of two locations: Arrivals Hall (open from 1:00PM - 5:00PM) and next to MCB Bank (open 7:30AM - 7:00PM Mon-Fri, 7:30AM - 7:00PM Sat and 7:30AM - 5:00PM Sun).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Aldeasa Duty-Free shops are available in two locations: (Arrivals Hall, ground floor, landside)(Airside, 1st floor). Shops selling souvenirs, electronics, clothing and edibles are also available in landside and airside areas of the terminal. All shops, including duty-free, are open from first until last flight of the day.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate from first flight until last flight of the day. Food options include:
- Landside (ground floor): Cafe Barista ▪ Cinnabon ▪ 5-Star Sports Bar ▪ Oregano ▪ Sbarro ▪ Wendy’s
- Airside (1st floor): Au Bon Pain ▪ Cafe Barista ▪ 5-Star Sports Bar ▪ Haya Sushi
- Information Desk - Location: in the Arrivals Hall. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Medical Services - The airport offers a First Aid office (hours are according to flights) as well as a Private Medical Clinic (hours are not known).
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - There is a smoking lounge included in the 5 Star Sports Bar, Airside location only.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to flight schedule.
City bus service is available to and from the airport. For further information, contact ABC Busbedrijf.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, National, Sixt and Thrifty. Location: Airport office building adjacent to the terminal.
Taxis and Shuttles
Metered taxis and shared-ride shuttles are available in the ground transportation area of the airport 24 hours a day.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.