Düsseldorf Weeze Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Düsseldorf Weeze Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The only stupid thing was an indoor merry-go-round....children came all night and played with this, and made terrible noises. -stevboy
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Düsseldorf Weeze Airport.
What to Expect
- Weeze Airport is a small, single terminal mostly served by low-cost carriers such as Ryanair. Facilities are basic.
- The airport may close between midnight and 3:30am. Some travellers have had success staying overnight, but have a backup plan in case security won’t let you.
- There are no restaurants open overnight but some travellers report a 24-hour bar upstairs.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- There are lots of chairs, and many without armrests so you can spread out. Get there early to snag one.
- Look for the kids playground - the lights are off here at night. (Nado, August 2014).
- For uninterrupted sleep, some basic hotels are within a few minutes of the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Düsseldorf Weeze Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Düsseldorf Weeze Airport for 60 minutes. Connect to the "Airport Weeze WLAN" network. After the 60 minute limit, you can purchase the premium service online or at the Information Desk. Rates are €5.00 (1 hour) • €10.00 (3 hours) • € 15 (24 hours). Payments can be made with Visa, Mastercard or cash at the Information Desk.
Internet kiosks are available throughout the landside areas of the terminal. Rate: € 1 per ten minutes of access.
If sleeping in Düsseldorf Weeze Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport:
- Best Deal Airporthotel Weeze - (10-15 min walk or 3 minute drive from the airport) 24-hr self check-in using a machine (there is no reception desk). With no airport shuttle or luggage storage, this hotel is better suited to those who are traveling light.
- Airhostel - (15 min walk from the airport) Reviews are mixed, but this bare-bones hotel is one of the closest to the airport. Check-in and receive room key at the airport terminal Information Desk. AirHostel does not offer airport shuttle or luggage storage, so this location is better suited to those who are traveling light. Please note: There is no WiFi or internet available and it is a Cash Only facility.
- Hotel Jägerhof - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Weeze Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Arrivals area, ground floor.
- Baby Care Facilities - Rooms for diaper changing are available on the ground floor (next to the Information Desk) and in the Departures Area (airside), inside the ladies’ restroom near Gate 6.
- Bicycle Rentals - Get some fresh air and exercise! Bicycles can be rented at the airport at € 3 for 2 hours, € 4 for 3 hours, € 5 for 4 hours or € 9 for a full day. Location: at the 2-Land Reisen booth, next to the travel agencies.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is only available to travelers heading to destinations outside of the EU. All other travelers can shop at the travel-value store. Location: Departure area, airside, 1st Floor. A variety of retail shops are also available.
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: 5,00€, buy tickets at the Information Desk.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Carlsberg Lounge & Terrace • Charly • HeimatHafen • Panorama Restaurant • Tramezzini
- Information Desk - Location: Ground floor (landside)
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - J&K luggage storage is available for €5 per bag, for the first six hours, €10 per bag for 24 hours and €2.50 per bag, per additional day. Location: opposite Parking P2. Hours: 8:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - Smokers Lounge Location: Departure Hall, 1st Floor.
- Spectator’s Terrace - Observe the happenings on the airport apron, runway and landing area from the airport’s upper floor. If you get hungry, the airport restaurant is right next door. Rate: Free Hours: 8:30AM - 6:00PM
The airport lists its hours as 3:30AM - 12:00AM. However, according to a January 2017 review, the airport remained open all night.
In addition to the airport shuttles to Weeze and Kevelaer train stations (see Trains section below), direct bus service is also available to Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof (central station). Two to four departures are available daily in either direction, with service starting as early as 3:30AM (from Düsseldorf Hbf to the airport) and leaving as late as 11:45PM (from the airport to Düsseldorf Hbf). The airport bus stop is at Terminal 1, and the bus stop at Düsseldorf Hbf is Stop 1, located in the coach station to the right of the main train station exit “Worringer Straße”. Bus fare is € 15 - € 17, depending on the departure time.
Bus service is also available by private company to and from the following locations: Amsterdam, Arnhem, Bocholt central station (Borken), Den Bosch, Duisburg central station, Eindhoven, Essen, Goch, Cologne Messe/Deutz station, Moers, Nimwegen, Rees, Utrecht and Venlo. Reservations are required for most of these services. For further information and reservation, contact your service provider of choice.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite, opposite the Arrivals area: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty and Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Regional train line RE10 Niers-Express travels between Kleve, Krefeld and Düsseldorf, stopping at both Weeze and Kevelaer railway stations every 30 minutes. Total trip time from Weeze or Kevelaer to Düsseldorf is about 60 minutes. For timetable, route and fare information, visit the Deutsche Bahn website.
Weeze and Kevelaer railway stations are both connected to the airport by airport shuttle service. The shuttle to Weeze station departs hourly for the 5-minute journey between the station and the airport, starting daily at 7:00AM - 10:00PM (from the airport) or 6:50AM - 9:20PM (from Weeze to the airport). Shuttles stop at Stadtlinie Weeze 1 (SW1) at Weeze Station and Terminal 1 at the Airport. A single-ride adult ticket is € 2.60. The shuttle to Kevelaer station also departs hourly for the 10-minute journey between the station and the airport, starting daily at 1:25AM - 11:25PM (from the airport) or 4:35AM - 11:48PM (from Kevelaer to the airport). A single-ride adult ticket is € 5.50. Both shuttles stop at Terminal 1 of the airport.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.