Eindhoven Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Eindhoven Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
a bloke in the bus station in Eindhoven told us that it closed at 10.30 or something, but we thought he was joking, and pretended he didn't tell us this. -toby
The airport is closed between 12:00AM - 4:30AM. It is not possible to stay in the airport overnight.
photo credit: Koos_Fernhout / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Eindhoven Airport.
What to Expect
- A sleek and modern airport terminal with a small, but nice variety of shopping and dining options.
- The airport terminal is not designed for sleeping or resting. Seating is extremely limited.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted. Travelers who attempt to stay overnight will be directed to the Tulip Inn Eindhoven Airport. For information about Tulip Inn and suggestions on other nearby hotels, see Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Eindhoven Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free WiFi is available at Eindhoven Airport for 60 minutes. A premium WiFi service is available for €1,50 per 15 minutes, payable with internet cards purchased at the AKO store.
At the time of this update, Eindhoven Airport closes at night and you will be asked to leave. There are hotels near the airport:
- Tulip Inn Eindhoven Airport - Located above the airport terminal.
- Novotel Eindhoven - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Campanile Eindhoven - (8 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Blue Collar Hotel - (12 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. Dorm rooms are available at €24,00 for per person per night.
- NH Best - (13 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Eindhoven Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care Facilities - Locations: Ground Floor and First Floor.
- Baggage Trolleys - Coin-operated baggage trolleys are available around the terminal, in the Kiss & Ride lane and at the airport car parks. A € 1 - € 2 coin deposit is required.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area -A variety of children’s slot machines are available at Kiddyland, located on the 1st Floor.
- Currency Exchange - GWK Travelex: Location: unknown. Hours: 7:00AM - 7:00PM (Mon - Fri), 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Sat), 10:00AM - 5:00PM (Sun).
- Duty Free & Shopping - B&S Shop Fly duty-free store is available, along with five small retail stores.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: AH to go • Farm Food + Drinks • Tulip Inn Eindhoven Airport • Starbucks • Upstairs
- Information Desk - Location: Departures and Arrivals Hall Hours: 4:30AM - 11:30PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Lockers are available in the main hall, near the AKO bookstore.
- Massage chairs - Exclusive to Eindhoven Airport, Massage-O-Matic massage chairs offer a full body massage, accompanied by relaxing music videos. € 2 gets you a 5-minute session. There are five Massage-O-Matic units located in a circle, just after security. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Medical Services - Travel health advice, medical check-ups, mosquito nets and first aid kits are available at Travel Doctor. Travel vaccinations are available by appointment. Location: 1st Floor
- Meditation Centre - Available. Details are unknown.
- Observation Deck - The Panorama Terrace offers views of arriving and departing flights.
- Photobooth - Location: First Floor
- Showers - Not available
- Slot Machines - Located throughout the airport.
The terminal is open 4:30AM - 12:00AM (Daily). The airport closes at night and overnight stays on airport property are only permitted in the Tulip Inn Eindhoven Airport Hotel.
Local buses 400 and 401 link the airport to Eindhoven Central Station, stopping at a bus stop located next to the airport terminal. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the NS website.
AirExpressBus offers express coach service between Eindhoven Airport, Den Bosch, Utrecht and Amsterdam, with frequent departures available daily. Total trip time between the airport and Amsterdam is 1.5 hours. Services are also available to Dusseldorf Weeze Airport, Antwerp, Turnhout, Breda, Tilburg and Rotterdam. For routes, schedules, fares and ticket sales, visit the AirExpressBus website.
The following car rental companies are available at Eindhoven Airport: Hertz • Avis • Europcar • Sixt. Location: Luchthavenweg 13, to the left of the terminal.
Taxis are readily available from the official airport taxi lane, near the city bus area. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. For safety reasons, use only the taxis that operate from the official taxi lane, and do not accept unsolicited offers of a ride from anyone posing as a driver in the airport.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.