Aalborg Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Aalborg Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Aalborg Airport.
What to Expect
- The single terminal offers service to many European destinations.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Aalborg Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Aalborg airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Aalborg Airport Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily except Saturdays when it remains open until 8:30PM). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (149 DKK) • Book Online (£20 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Aalborg Airport. Connect to the "WLAN Zone - The Cloud" network. You will have one free hour per session.
If sleeping in Aalborg Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport:
- Buhlmann Airport Hotel Aalborg - This hotel is connected to the terminal. As a guest of the hotel, you can check-in your bag at the airport up to 23 hours prior to departure. Day rooms are available from DKK 500.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Aalborg Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - A Danske Bank ATM is located landside near Check-In on the ground floor, to the left of Entrance 1 and to the right of Arrivals Hall 1. The machine dispenses DKK, USD, and GBP. There are no ATMs available airside.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - Climbing frame, toys, and a TV with cartoons is available in the airport’s soft and colorful play area, located on the 1st floor, above the dining area.
- Duty Free & Shopping - A duty-free shop is available airside on the ground floor.
- Food & Drinks - A sit down restaurant is available airside, along with two take-away food markets. A third take-away market is located landside on the ground floor, near the Arrivals Hall 2 exit. All food concessions are open 2 hours before first flight departure, and closed after last flight of the day.
- Smoking - Smoking is not permitted inside the airport. You will need to smoke outside the terminal before you proceed through security.
- Tax Refund - Repayment of Danish VAT (applied to Danish goods and services up to 25%) can be made only to persons residing outside the European Union, and who have travelled to a non-EU country. The amount may be paid only in Denmark if Denmark is the last EU destination before the final destination. Aalborg Airport is helpful in stamping Danish receipts for the Revenue Service, please inquire.
The terminal is open 24 hours.
Public buses can be taken to/from central Aalborg (15-minute ride one-way) or to Lindholm Station, the train station nearest to the airport. Bus Route 2A travels to and from downtown Aalborg, and Route 22 offers night service to and from Aalborg. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the Nordjyllands Trafikselskab website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.