Aarhus Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Aarhus Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I slept like a baby on the baggage conveyer belt in the check-in desk.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Aarhus Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport with clean and quiet facilities and limited shopping and dining options.
- View the runway from the airport’s upstairs restaurant!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Aarhus Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at Aarhus airport.
Free WiFi is available at Aarhus Airport. Connect to the "WLAN Zone - The Cloud" network. You will have one free hour per session.
If sleeping in Aarhus Airport does not appeal to you, the closest hotel to the airport is Motel Ebeltoft, about 14 minutes south. There are more hotels if you head back to Aarhus (about 40 minutes west of the airport).
- Motel Ebeltoft - (14 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Aarhus Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
This is a small airport with nothing to keep you occupied in the event of a delay. Best you bring your own book and laptop loaded with movies to keep yourself occupied.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Unknown
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - FLYBUY offers tax-free shopping to passengers traveling to non-EU countries via Copenhagen. A boarding pass from Aarhus Airport, showing your final destination, is required for tax-free shopping.
- Food & Drinks - KOKpit restaurant serves a variety of sandwiches, salads, hot meals, and beverages in a scenic setting. Location: Upstairs, overlooking the runway. Hours: 7:00AM - last flight (Mon-Fri), 8:30AM - last flight (Sat) and 8:00AM - last flight (Sun) • Quick, light meals, snacks and drinks are available for purchase at the cafe in the departures lounge downstairs, open from 2 hours before first flight until just after the last flight of the day.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Showers - There are no showers at the airport
- Tax-Free Shopping - Travellers can buy tax free products at the FLYBUY Shop when travelling to a Non European Union country via Copenhagen; items include Wine, Spirits, Chocolates, Cosmetics, Perfumes and more.
The airport is open 2 hours before first flight until just after the last flight of the day.
Midttrafik offers airport bus service, in coordination with flight arrivals and departures at Aarhus Airport. There is a Aarhus bus route that travels between the airport and Aarhus, or Bus Route 212, which travels between the airport, Randers and Ebeltoft. Adult one-way fare is 115 DKK. Tickets are sold on the bus, and payable by cash (Danish Crowns, Swedish Crowns, British Pounds, US Dollars, Euro) or credit cards. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the Midttrafik website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available just outside of the Arrivals area on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. The following estimated one-way fares were current at the time of this update: to/from Aarhus 650 DKK; to/from Randers 730 DKK; to/from Ebeltoft 270 DKK; to/from Grenaa 330 DKK.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.