Aberdeen Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Aberdeen Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Turns out the place is closed for the night so we camped on the front lawn in sleeping bags. Bunnies just kept hopping around.... -a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Aberdeen International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport with a limited variety of shopping and dining options
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at Aberdeen Airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable VIP lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Aberdeen Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Aberdeen airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Swissport Lounge - Location: Airside, near Gate 1. Hours: 4:00AM - 8:30PM (Sun - Fri) • 4:00AM - 6:30PM (Sat). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£19.99 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Additionally, there are two airline lounges: Eastern Airways Lounge (Airside, near Gate 10) • British Airways Terraces Lounge. You need a ticket/First or Business Class of services with Eastern and British Airways to enter these lounges.
Free WiFi is available at Aberdeen Airport. Connect to the 'BT Openzone' network and select "Access Free wi-fi". Registration is required. If you do not have a mobile device, pay-per-use Spectrum internet kiosks are available near Gate 2, Gate 4, and The Kitchen restaurant.
If sleeping in Aberdeen airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Speedbird Inn Aberdeen Airport - (2 min walk from the airport) Free airport transfers.
- Courtyard Aberdeen Airport - (2 min walk from the airport) Free use of 727 airport shuttle to and from the hotel.
- Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport Dyce Hotel - (2 min walk from the airport) Airport shuttle is not available.
- Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen Airport - (5 min walk from the airport) Airport shuttle available on request.
- Aberdeen Marriott - (6 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle, upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Aberdeen Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Six Travelex ATMs are available throughout the airport. Three of the ATMs dispense GBP (sterling) and Euros from landside locations. A fourth ATM dispenses Sterling, Euros, and USD. The other two ATMs are located airside next to the Travelex kiosk, with one dispensing Sterling, Euros, and USD and the other dispensing Sterling and Euros only.
- Baby Care Facilities - There are five baby changing rooms in the terminal, with two located landside and three located airside. Diapers, formula, wipes, and other baby products are available for purchase in Boots Pharmacy, and can be pre-ordered for pickup at the airport.
- Baggage Trolleys - Carts are available for a £1 or 1 Euro refundable deposit.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Locations: Airside, at Gates 1 and 10.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers foreign currency exchange landside and airside. The landside desk is located at the main entrance to the terminal, near the car hire desks. The airside desk is located between Boots Pharmacy and the British Airways executive lounge. Hours: 4:30AM - 10:30PM (Sun-Fri). Closed at 8:00PM on Saturdays.
- Duty Free Shopping – World Duty Free offers duty-free shopping airside from 4:00AM until last flight. Travel goods, health and beauty aids, art, and electronic gadgets are available for purchase from a small variety of stores located landside and airside.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: The Granite City by Wetherspoon • Joe’s Coffeehouse • The Globe Freehouse • The Kitchen.
- Information Desk - Location: Main Terminal, opposite the Domestic Baggage Claim.
- Luggage Storage -The Left Luggage Desk offers daily storage for £8 per item, per day. Location: Check-In area. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Massage Chairs - Relax and let the stress melt away in one of the coin-operated massage chairs, located airside near Gates 2 and 4.
- Mobile Charging - Two mobile charging units can be be found airside, within the lower level departure lounge, Gate 1 & 4.
- Observation Deck - To watch take-offs and landings, head over to the Short Stay Car Park 2.
- Printing Facilities - Location: Costa, Landside. Rate: minimum charge of £3 for the first 3 pages and then £1 per page thereafter.
- Showers - There are no showers at the airport.
- Smoking - Once inside the airport terminal, smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking facility, located airside. Access to this facility is £1 per person, per visit. Location: Next to the main departure lounge near Gate 5. Smoking shelters are also available outside of the main terminal and in the Granite City restaurant beer garden.
The airport is open from 3:30AM, or two hours before first flight departures, until after the last flight arrival. Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
The following buses stop at a designated bus stop, located in front of the airport terminal: Stagecoach Bluebird Jet Service 727 offers daily direct service between the airport and Aberdeen Bus Station. Service starts at 4:30AM on weekdays and 5:30AM on weekends, with frequent departures available throughout the day until service ends, at around 11:00PM. One-way fare is £2.90, return-fare (same day) is £3.50 and period return is £4.50. Stagecoach Bluebird Service 80 - Jet Connect runs on weekdays, from 6:30AM - 6:30PM, linking the airport with Dyce Railway Station, the heliport and Kirkhill Industrial Estate. Fare is £1.50 one-way or £3.00 roundtrip. First Bus Aberdeen Service 27 runs between the airport and Guild Street Bus Station in central Aberdeen on weekdays only (daytime hours). Connections to long-distance buses are available from the Guild Street station. Kineil Coaches Service 747 offers a weekday service between Peterhead and Dyce Railway Station, via Aberdeen Airport.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Aberdeen Marriott Hotel • Courtyard Aberdeen Airport • Speedbird Inn Aberdeen Airport.
Taxis, operated by Comcab, are available just outside and to the left of the front of the airport terminal. A taxi dispatcher is available onsite to assist in hiring a taxi. Comcab also has a service office for pre-booking taxi service, located to the right of the main entrance. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Some taxis are fitted with CHIP and PIN payment systems (usage fees apply). A one-way ride to central Aberdeen takes about 25 minutes (in light traffic) and costs about £15. Dyce Railway Station, about 8 minutes away, costs about £6 - £7 by taxi.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.