Alghero Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Alghero Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
soon we realized that the mosquitoes were stuffing themselves with our blood and the airport became hell! -stranger
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Alghero Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport that serves as a Ryanair hub. Shopping and dining options are limited
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at Alghero Airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Alghero Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
WiFi is available in Alghero Airport, but at the time of this update, we are unable to confirm if there is a fee or registration required for service.
If sleeping in Alghero Airports does not appeal to you, there are a few hotels near the airport:
- Agriturismo La Genziana - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- B&B da Giovanna - (5 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport transportation, on request.
- Castiglias - (10 min from the airport).
- Agriturismo Agave Farm Stay - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Alghero Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATM / Cash Machine - Location: Arrivals Hall. Available 24/7.
- Baggage Carts - Location: airport entrance doors.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Yes (Landside)
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Duty Free & Shopping - Baltona Travel Retail Store offers duty-free shopping airside in the terminal. Books, gifts, travel good, traditional foods, local wines, and health aids are also available for purchase from shops located throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - MyChef serves light meals, pizza, and hot/cold beverages in the landside area of the terminal. MyCafe snack bar offers light meals and beverages airside.
- Information Desk - A Tourist Information Counter can be found Landside at the Arrivals Exit/Check-in. Hours: first flight - last flight.
- Pharmacy - Yes (Landside)
- Travel Agency - A tourist information booth is located Landside
- Smoking - Prohibited within the terminal.
The airport is open from 4:00AM - the last flight.
Trasporti Regionali Della Sardegnas (ARST) offers public bus service between the airport and Alghero town center (urban line), Sassari (extra urban line) and Bosa (extra urban line). An automated ticket machine is available in the Arrivals Hall of the airport for the purchase of ARST bus tickets. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the ARST website.
Private bus lines also serve the airport, traveling between the airport and Nuoro, Cagliari, Oristano or Macomer. Seasonal service to Stintino and Santa Teresa Gallura is also available between the 1st of June and the 30th of September.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the Arrivals Hall: Avis, Europcar, Green Motion, Hertz Italiana, Locauto, Maggiore, RentalcarGo.com, Ruvioli Rent A Car, Sardinya autonoleggio, Sicily by Car/AutoEuropa, Sixt and Viten Group.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Alghero City Hotel • B&B Casa Vacanze La Mimosa Alghero • Residenza Bouganvillea.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area in front of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Alghero town center is a 15-minute ride from the airport.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.