About This Airport:
Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bergamo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There are people loafing around without T-shirt or without shoes as if they were in their homes (I did it!) and no one gives a hoot. -stranger
photo credit: Min / SleepingInAirports [ submit a photo ]
"After staying a night in Milan (hostel) and another in Como (hotel), we decided not to waste more money and wait for our morning flight in the Bergamo airport. It was pretty crowded but we came before midnight and we had no problem with finding some nice space by the wall. Sleeping bag and mate was useful. Security woke up people after 3 a.m. (not at 4) because of cleaning; many people move to the departures area which had been opened then (it's also not to spacy, so it became really crowdy with travelling people before 5 a.m.). We stayed in the arrivals, took places in the chairs and survived until morning (when they finished cleaning it became the quietest part of the airport!). The chapel is NOT 24h anymore - I've checked and it was closed during night. There is a small cafe open 24h; and much more was opened from about 4-5 a.m. Security could have been more active when a group of drunk (smoked?) people where hanging around screaming, swearing and making noise."
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Gate VIP Lounge SACBO - Location: Airside, 1st floor, near the smoking terrace. Hours: 6am - 10pm. Rate: US$ 39 for 3 hours.
Information not available
If sleeping in airports does not appeal to you, there are hotels near Bergamo Airport:
- NH Orio Al Serio - located a short walk via underground walkway to the airport
- UNA Hotel Bergamo - located 10 minutes from the airport. Free scheduled airport transfers.
- Airport Hotel - 10 minute shuttle bus away
- La Torretta - a new 6 room B&B located 5 minutes from the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines: Information not available.
- Car Rentals: Auto Europa • Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt and others.
- Chapel: Location: Arrivals. Hours: unknown
- Currency Exchange: Yes
- Food / Dining: According to a June 2011 review, there is a 24 hour coffee shop open. However, I do not see this officially listed under the airport's facilities. Dining options include: Agripromo Bergamo • Autogrill • Iniziative Commerciali • Juice Bar • Mariana • My Chef.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers: available at Autostradale located in the Arrivals area. Rates: from 4.00 Euros. Hours: 8am-12am
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers: Not available
open 24 hours
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page or email me and I will try to help (I can't make any promises though).
Bergamo Travel Resources
- Bergamo Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 21 May 2012 | Sources: Orio al Serio International Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.