Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bergamo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The security staff will not let you sleep, they will kick you to arrival area, then in two hours to departure area and in another hours they keep running around you to wake u up. Horrible. Only one working electric outlet in whole airport. Did I mention toilets ? Horror! You will not believe this until you check it on your own. -mandela
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport.
What to Expect
- The Bergamo airport has a single passenger terminal with two floors.
- The airport is open 24 hours.
- There is a 24 hour bar open landside.
- Because of the times the flights are scheduled, this airport is reportedly quite crowded at night.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers warned that it is difficult to sleep the night here. Good seating is hard to come by, and many opted for the floor.
- Staff have been known to routinely wake up sleepers and ask them to move several times in the night.
- If you do decide to sleep here, consider earplugs for the noise and a good blanket for cold temperatures.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are pay-by-the-hour sleep pods in the public area of the terminal and hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bergamo Airport Guide. Send us your Airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bergamo airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Landside VIP Lounge - Location: Landside, opposite the ticket desk, next to the new shopping area. Hours: 6:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€18.00) • Book Online (£22.00)
- Gate VIP Lounge SACBO - Location: Airside, 1st Floor, in the main shopping area. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€18.00) • Book Online (£22.00) .
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Bergamo Airport.
If sleeping in Bergamo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- zzzleepandgo - There are 3 soundproof sleep pods located in the public area of the terminal. Pods come equipped with a bed, Wi-Fi, a flight status screen and electrical outlets. Hours: open 24 hours. Rates: €8 for an hour, with each subsequent hour costing €6/hour.
- NH Orio Al Serio - (15 min walk via underground walkway from the airport, or quick shuttle ride) Free airport shuttle service brings guests from the hotel to the airport from 4:00AM - 9:00AM. Outside of these hours, the shuttle runs to the airport for € 10 per person (prior notice required). Airport pick up is € 10 per person, and is available at any time upon prior notice. The shuttle picks up and drops off guests outside of the hotel’s front lobby and at the Arrivals terminal of the airport.
- 57 ResHotel Orio - (4 min from the airport) Airport shuttle are available ($)
- Winter Garden Hotel - (6 min from the airport) Scheduled airport shuttle runs from 4:45AM to 9:45PM. Shuttle has 4 seats only and must be booked in advance.
- La Torretta - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bergamo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Chapel - Location: One level below the Arrivals Area. Hours: unknown.
- Currency Exchange - Yes (landside & airside)
- Food & Drinks - According to a September 2015 review, there is a 24 hour bar located landside, however the hours are not provided on the airport's website. There are approximately 15 dining options including: Panino Giusto • Illy Coffee • Mariana • McDonalds’s • Wine Bar Santa Cristina.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - available at Autostradale located in the Arrivals area. Rates: from € 4.00. Hours: 8:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Medical Services - There is a first aid office. Location: unknown.
- Pharmacy - Yes
- Shopping - There are a variety of shops available including Duty Free Shop, convenience store, clothing shops and more.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours
The following car rental companies are available at Bergamo Airport: Auto Europa • Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Locauto • Maggiore Rent • Sixt.
The airport is easily accessible by bus from Bergamo, Milan, Brescia, Turin and Monza. The airport is also linked with Milan Fair and Malpensa Airport. For bus schedules visit the Bergamo Airport web site.
Airport Bus connects the airport with Bergamo every 20 minutes every day. For routes, fares and schedules, visit the Airport Bus web site.
While trains do not go directly to the airport, you can take the train to/from Bergamo train station. There is ATB service between the train station and airport. The distance between the train station and the airport is 10 minutes. Visit the Tren Italia web site for more details and timetables. Visit the Tren Italia web site for fares and timetables.
Taxi ranks are located outside arrivals.
Last Updated: 21 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.