Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bergamo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The security staff will not let you sleep, they will kick you to arrival area, then in two hours to departure area and in another hours they keep running around you to wake u up. Horrible. Only one working electric outlet in whole airport. Did I mention toilets ? Horror! You will not believe this until you check it on your own. -mandela
"After staying a night in Milan (hostel) and another in Como (hotel), we decided not to waste more money and wait for our morning flight in the Bergamo airport. It was pretty crowded but we came before midnight and we had no problem with finding some nice space by the wall. Sleeping bag and mate was useful. Security woke up people after 3 a.m. (not at 4) because of cleaning; many people move to the departures area which had been opened then (it's also not to spacy, so it became really crowdy with travelling people before 5 a.m.). We stayed in the arrivals, took places in the chairs and survived until morning (when they finished cleaning it became the quietest part of the airport!). The chapel is NOT 24h anymore - I've checked and it was closed during night. There is a small cafe open 24h; and much more was opened from about 4-5 a.m. Security could have been more active when a group of drunk (smoked?) people where hanging around screaming, swearing and making noise."
Have you been to Bergamo Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bergamo airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Landside VIP Lounge - Location: Landside, opposite the ticket desk, next to the new shopping area. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€18.00) • Book Online (£22.00) • Priority Pass.
- Gate VIP Lounge SACBO - Location: Airside, 1st Floor, in the main shopping area. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€18.00) • Book Online (£22.00) • Priority Pass.
WiFi is not available at Bergamo Airport.
If sleeping in Bergamo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- NH Orio Al Serio - (15 min walk via underground walkway from the airport, or quick shuttle ride) The airport shuttle goes to the airport every 30 mins from 5:30am to 7:30am, and from 7:30am to 10:30pm upon request (must be booked 12 hours in advance). Shuttle service to the airport is 5 Euro per person. The airport shuttle goes from the airport to the hotel at anytime (upon request) for 10 Euro per person.
- 57 ResHotel Orio - (4 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available
- Winter Garden Hotel - (6 min from the airport) Scheduled airport shuttle runs from 4:45am to 10pm. Shuttle has 4 seats only and must be booked in advance.
- La Torretta - A new 6 room B&B located 5 minutes from the airport. No airport shuttle
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bergamo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines: Yes
- Car Rentals: Auto Europa • Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Locauto • Maggiore Rent • Sixt.
- Chapel: Location: Arrivals. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Currency Exchange: Yes
- Food / Dining: According to a June 2011 review, there is a 24 hour coffee shop open. However, I do not see this officially listed under the airport's facilities. Dining options include: Agripromo Bergamo • Autogrill • Iniziative Commerciali • Juice Bar • Mariana • My Chef.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers: available at Autostradale located in the Arrivals area. Rates: from EUR 4.00. Hours: 8am-12am
- Pharmacy - Yes
- Shopping - There are a variety of shops available including Duty Free Shop, convenience store, clothing shops and more.
- Showers: Not available
The airport is open 24 hours
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Bergamo Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Bergamo Travel Resources
- Bergamo Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 22 March 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.