Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bergamo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The security staff will not let you sleep, they will kick you to arrival area, then in two hours to departure area and in another hours they keep running around you to wake u up. Horrible. Only one working electric outlet in whole airport. Did I mention toilets ? Horror! You will not believe this until you check it on your own. -mandela
September 2015 - This is not my first experience in Bergamo Airport but I definitely hope it's going to be the last one. I confirm what who came before me stated in their review: gates close around 10pm so if you come later that that you're gonna be stuck in the arrival zone, the only area that stays open. The only benches there are the typical metal ones and the only plugs you can find in that area are located in the 24h bar and in the bathrooms. As you can expect the location is pretty crouded, so it's better to claim your chair or place your sleeping bag pretty fast if you want to sleep a few hours. Around 3am they're opening again so the guards come to wake everybody up and urge to move. At 4am the gates open again and you can finally (if you didn't manage it before) pass security and move to a slightly more comfortable area where floors are wooden and there are some plugs hidden in the corners. But still, I got woken up by security again at 5:45am because after half past five you need to pack your mattress and sleeping bag again because of the heavy flow of people. Time to switch to a metal chair, wait for my flight and hope not to have to sleep here again in the future.
Have you been to Bergamo Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bergamo airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Landside VIP Lounge - Location: Landside, opposite the ticket desk, next to the new shopping area. Hours: 6:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€18.00) • Book Online (£22.00) • Priority Pass.
- Gate VIP Lounge SACBO - Location: Airside, 1st Floor, in the main shopping area. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€18.00) • Book Online (£22.00) • Priority Pass.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Bergamo Airport.
If sleeping in Bergamo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- zzzleepandgo - There are 3 soundproof sleep pods located in the public area of the terminal. Pods come equipped with a bed, Wi-Fi, a flight status screen and electrical outlets. Hours: open 24 hours. Rates: €8 for an hour, with each subsequent hour costing €6/hour.
- NH Orio Al Serio - (15 min walk via underground walkway from the airport, or quick shuttle ride) Free airport shuttle service brings guests from the hotel to the airport from 4:00AM - 9:00AM. Outside of these hours, the shuttle runs to the airport for € 10 per person (prior notice required). Airport pick up is € 10 per person, and is available at any time upon prior notice. The shuttle picks up and drops off guests outside of the hotel’s front lobby and at the Arrivals terminal of the airport.
- 57 ResHotel Orio - (4 min from the airport) Airport shuttle are available ($)
- Winter Garden Hotel - (6 min from the airport) Scheduled airport shuttle runs from 4:45AM to 9:45PM. Shuttle has 4 seats only and must be booked in advance.
- La Torretta - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bergamo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Chapel - Location: One level below the Arrivals Area. Hours: unknown.
- Currency Exchange - Yes (landside & airside)
- Food / Dining - According to a September 2015 review, there is a 24 hour bar located landside, however the hours are not provided on the airport's website. There are approximately 15 dining options including: Panino Giusto • Illy Coffee • Mariana • McDonalds’s • Wine Bar Santa Cristina.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - available at Autostradale located in the Arrivals area. Rates: from € 4.00. Hours: 8:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Medical Services - There is a first aid office. Location: unknown.
- Pharmacy - Yes
- Shopping - There are a variety of shops available including Duty Free Shop, convenience store, clothing shops and more.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours
The following car rental companies are available at Bergamo Airport: Auto Europa • Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Locauto • Maggiore Rent • Sixt.
The airport is easily accessible by bus from Bergamo, Milan, Brescia, Turin and Monza. The airport is also linked with Milan Fair and Malpensa Airport. For bus schedules visit the Bergamo Airport web site.
Airport Bus connects the airport with Bergamo every 20 minutes every day. For routes, fares and schedules, visit the Airport Bus web site.
While trains do not go directly to the airport, you can take the train to/from Bergamo train station. There is ATB service between the train station and airport. The distance between the train station and the airport is 10 minutes. Visit the Tren Italia web site for more details and timetables. Visit the Tren Italia web site for fares and timetables.
Taxi ranks are located outside arrivals.
Last Updated: 21 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.