About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bergamo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The security staff will not let you sleep, they will kick you to arrival area, then in two hours to departure area and in another hours they keep running around you to wake u up. Horrible. Only one working electric outlet in whole airport. Did I mention toilets ? Horror! You will not believe this until you check it on your own. -mandela
photo credit: Min / SleepingInAirports [ submit a photo ]
"After staying a night in Milan (hostel) and another in Como (hotel), we decided not to waste more money and wait for our morning flight in the Bergamo airport. It was pretty crowded but we came before midnight and we had no problem with finding some nice space by the wall. Sleeping bag and mate was useful. Security woke up people after 3 a.m. (not at 4) because of cleaning; many people move to the departures area which had been opened then (it's also not to spacy, so it became really crowdy with travelling people before 5 a.m.). We stayed in the arrivals, took places in the chairs and survived until morning (when they finished cleaning it became the quietest part of the airport!). The chapel is NOT 24h anymore - I've checked and it was closed during night. There is a small cafe open 24h; and much more was opened from about 4-5 a.m. Security could have been more active when a group of drunk (smoked?) people where hanging around screaming, swearing and making noise."
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Landside VIP Lounge- Location: Landside, opposite the ticketing counters. Hours: 6am- 8pm. Lounge Access: £22.00 per person for 3 hours (online)
- Gate VIP Lounge SACBO - Location: Airside, 1st floor, near the smoking terrace. Hours: 6am - 10pm. Lounge Access: £22.00 per person for 3 hours (online).
Information not available
If sleeping in airports does not appeal to you, there are hotels near Bergamo Airport:
- NH Orio Al Serio - located a short walk via underground walkway to the airport
- UNA Hotel Bergamo - located 10 minutes from the airport. Free scheduled airport transfers.
- Airport Hotel - 10 minute shuttle bus away
- La Torretta - a new 6 room B&B located 5 minutes from the airport.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bergamo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines: Yes
- Car Rentals: Auto Europa • Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Locauto • Maggiore Rent • Sixt.
- Chapel: Location: Arrivals. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Currency Exchange: Yes
- Food / Dining: According to a June 2011 review, there is a 24 hour coffee shop open. However, I do not see this officially listed under the airport's facilities. Dining options include: Agripromo Bergamo • Autogrill • Iniziative Commerciali • Juice Bar • Mariana • My Chef.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers: available at Autostradale located in the Arrivals area. Rates: from EUR 4.00. Hours: 8am-12am
- Showers: Not available
open 24 hours
Bergamo Travel Resources
- Bergamo Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 03 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.