Bern Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bern Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Bern Airport.
What to Expect
- The current terminal was expanded in 2011.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bern Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Skylounge - Location: Airside, Main Departure Hall, 1st Floor. Schengen flights only. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (CHF 20)
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout Airport
If sleeping in Bern Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Hotel Bern-Belp - Located at the airport, 100 meter walk to check-in.
- Q.C.M. Campus - Located near the airport runway. No airport shuttle provided. This is not your typical hotel, it is training centre with guest rooms. However, reviews are very good. You can still "check-in" if you arrive late (they will email you a code to unlock your door) and there is a bus stop 300m from the door with a route to the airport.
- Linde Belp Hotel - (5 min from airport) Free airport transfers upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bern Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, available however rates are not known.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Disabled Services – Assistance should be requested a minimum of two days before travel.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of stores.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, there are no 24-hour food options available. There is a cafe and a restaurant located within the terminal and another restaurant is available just outside the terminal.
The airport is open from 7:00AM - 8:00PM for departures, 10:00PM for arrivals (Mon-Fri) • 7:00AM - sunset (Saturdays) • 8:00AM - 8:00PM for departures, 10:00PM for arrivals (Sundays)
AirportBus Bern 334 runs between the airport and Bern-Belp Station, where connections are available to the S-Bahn rail network. Buses run daily, every 30 minutes, from 5:48AM - 10:18PM, and total trip time is 10 minutes. Buses will always depart on time from Belp Station, but will delay departure from the airport if a scheduled flight is delayed. The last bus departs the airport at 10:48PM, but will wait up until 11:15PM if a flight is delayed. That last bus heads directly to Bern Station. Tangento Bus 160 is a regional bus line that links the airport to Bern-Belp Station, Konolfingen, Rubigen and Münsingen. Bus 160 runs daily, every 30 minutes along with Bus 334, during the hours of 6:30AM - 9:00AM and 3:00PM - 8:00PM. From 9:00AM - 3:00PM, Bus 160 runs in 15 minute intervals. A bus ride between the airport and Belp Station requires a 3-zone ticket, which costs CHF 6.40. Tickets are sold at PostAuto ticket shops, Libero ticket shops, Bern Airport, BLS Reisezentrum Station Belp and from ticket machines onboard the bus (coins and credit cards accepted). For further information about airport buses or any buses in the Bern public transportation network, visit the Bernmobil website.
Seasonal bus service is available from the airport to Interlaken-Lauterbrunnen (Wengen/Mürren) and Grindelwald, via Winter Bus. For route maps, schedules and fare information, go to the Jungfrau Region website.
The following car rentals are available at Bern Airport: Avis, Europcar and Sixt and more.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.