Biarritz Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Biarritz Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Biarritz Airport.
What to Expect
- This small terminal provides flights to regional destinations, and many operate seasonally.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- The airport closes at night, so it’s not possible to sleep here overnight.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Biarritz Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Horizon Lounge - Location: Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€ 19.11).
WiFi is available at Biarritz Airport for a fee.
If sleeping in Biarritz Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Inter- Hotel Amarys - (5 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Hotel Campanile Biarritz- (10 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Ibis Biarritz-Angelet Aéroport - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available for a fee
- Novotel Biarritz Anglet Aéroport - (5 min from the airport) Free Airport shuttle is available from 5:40AM to 9:30PM.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Biarritz Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Next to the bar/restaurant.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Belharra • La Peña • Taste ‘N Fly.
- Information Desk - Hours: 8:00AM - 10:45PM (Mon-Fri) • 8:00AM - 8:00PM (Sat) • 8:00AM - 10:30PM (Sun).
- Medical Services - A First Aid room is located next to the Information Desk.
- Rest Zones - Not Available
- Showers - Not available
- Shopping - Shops at the airport include Relay newsstand and Quiksilver retail clothing shop.
The airport is open from 5:30AM - 11:00PM (Mon-Fri) • 6:00AM - 9:00PM (Sat) • 7:00AM - 10:30PM (Sun)
Chronoplus local bus network serves the airport with multiple bus routes. Chronoplus line C links the airport with Biarritz-La Négresse train station in a 10-minute journey, and Chronoplus line 14 offers service to Bayonne train station. Connections to SNCF trains are available from both train stations, and connections to the inland Basque region, Landes coast and Béarn region are available from Bayonne station. A one-hour ticket is €1.00, or for €2.00 you can purchase a ticket good for up to 24 hours of travel on the Chronoplus network. For route maps, schedules and additional fare information for all transportation in the Chronoplus network, go to the Chronoplus website.
ATCRB bus route 816 offers service between the airport and Hendaye, with stops at Biarritz-La Négresse railway station and the towns of Bidart, Guéthary and St-Jean-de-Luz. For route map, schedule and fare information, go to the Transports64 website.
Bus service between the airport and Spain is offered by two private companies. Pesa and Conda offer service between Biarritz Airport and San Sebastian, with stops at Irun, Pamplona and Bilbao available on certain departures. Contact your service provider of choice for route details, schedules and fare information.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area outside of the airport terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.