Blackpool Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Blackpool Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
unfortunately its more like a third world airport.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Blackpool Airport.
What to Expect
- In 2014, the airport was converted into a non-commercial airport for private aircraft and flight schools.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Blackpool Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
At the time of this update, there are no lounges that economy class passengers can pay to use.
WiFi is available at Blackpool Airport.
If sleeping in Blackpool Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Premier Inn - Located 100 yards from the terminal. No airport shuttle available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Blackpool Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Not available, the nearest option is at Morrisons beside the airport (couple minutes walk).
- Car Rentals - Yes.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions are not available at this airport, but a pub/hotel called The Air Balloon is located just outside of the airport.
The airport is open 7:00AM - 9:00PM.
Avis and Europcar offer car rental service onsite.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.