Bordeaux Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bordeaux Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Bus driver actually told me to ask the information people where to sleep, no one cared if you stayed there, people were really friendly and no one bothered me or woke me up. -cmdu
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport.
What to Expect
- Clean and modern, this airport has three terminals (Terminals A, B and Billi).
- A small variety of shops and dining options are available, but everything closes by 9:00PM, so have snacks and beverages handy for later.
- Bathrooms stay open, but unlit, all night long. Reviews are mixed on the cleanliness.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport turns into a virtual ghost town after the shops and restaurants close for the night, and almost everyone is gone by 11:00PM. Sounds boring and lonely, but the quiet and solitude may help you get a good night’s sleep.
- No specific spots for sleeping have been mentioned. However, there are metal benches, some massage chairs, and if you have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy, there’s ample floor space available.
- Air-conditioning makes the airport terminal very cold at night during the summer. Have a travel blanket handy to stay warm!
- Although the airport is fairly quiet at night, have earplugs handy for when airport staff break out the cleaning machines!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable VIP lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bordeaux Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bordeaux airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Salon des Vignobles - Location: Terminal A, Airside, Hall A.
Free WiFi is available at Bordeaux Airport for two hours. Connect to the "HotSpot Aeroport de Bordeaux" network. Additionally the airport offers at least 4 work stations throughout the airport which may be useful, rates, if any, are not known.
If sleeping in Bordeaux Airport does not appeal to you, there are a wide variety of hotels for every budget, located within walking distance or a short drive from the airport. Here are the three closest hotels:
- Best Western Bordeaux Aeroport - (10 min walk from the airport) Located 300 meters from the airport terminal. No airport shuttle.
- Mercure Bordeaux Aeroport - (10 min walk from the airport) Located 500 meters from the airport terminal. Airport shuttle available from 5:00AM to midnight.
- Ibis Budget Bordeaux Aeroport - (10 min walk from the airport) Located 800 meters from the airport terminal. No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bordeaux Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, 1 in the Departures area and 2 can be found in Arrivals.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, available in multiple locations, fees are not known.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Area -There is a dedicated Children’s Area. Location: Airside, right hand side.
- Currency Exchange - International Currency Exchange has two offices. Locations: BILLI Terminal, Landside (Hours according to non-Euro flights) • Terminal A - B Connecting Wing, Landside (Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in Terminal A and the Billi Terminal. A variety of retail shops are available throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate according to daily flight schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Café Des Grands Hommes • Café News • Deli & Cia • La Brioche Dorée • Le Barista • Le Grand Comptoir • Ostrea • Starbucks
- Information Desk - Yes, Arrivals Section A, open every day from the first to the last flight.
- Luggage Wrapping - Safe Bag luggage wrapping machines are available for use. Fee: €10.00 per bag. Location: Terminal A, landside, near Check-In counters opposite Entrance 4 • Terminal B, landside, at the Air France Check-In counters opposite Entrance 10.
- Showers - Showers are listed as a service on the airport website, unfortunately no further information is available.
The airport is open from 6:00AM - 10:00PM, or as needed per air traffic.
Lianes 1+ is a regular city bus service between the airport and Bordeaux Saint Jean train station, via Bordeaux Centre and Mérignac Centre, with several stops along the way. Lianes 1+ offers connection to the following services: Lianes 3+ to Place de Quinconces transportation hub (stops: “Poste de Mériadeck” or “Gambetta”); Tram line A (stop: Mérignac Centre). Tickets for the Lianes 1+ bus and other public transportation are sold in the forecourt of Hall B, near the Lianes 1+ bus stop. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the Info TBC website.
Car rental desks are located in the A-B connecting wing on the ground floor (Arrivals Level), between baggage claim areas. Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Firefly, Goldcar, Hertz, InterRent, Sixt and TT Service.
30’ Direct offers fast and direct shuttle service between the airport and Bordeaux Saint Jean train station. Buses run daily, with hourly departures from 6:00AM - 11:00PM. Fare is € 7.20 one-way or € 12.30 roundtrip. For schedules, additional fare information and ticket sales, visit the 30’ Direct website.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal, during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.