Brno Turany Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Brno Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the weirdest thing about the airport was that the lights in the arrivals area were kept off until 10 minutes before the two scheduled flights of the day were due to touch down.
photo credit: Kirk / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Brno–Tuřany Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and single-terminal airport, easily-accessible by public transport. With very few flights on a daily basis, the airport is pretty low-key and quiet.
- A few reasonably-priced shops and restaurants can be found here, but at night everything closes, and the airport turns into a virtual ghost town.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable VIP lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Brno Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge - Location: Departure Terminal, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: 2 hours prior to the first flight - last flight departure. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (CZK 450)
Free WiFi is available at Brno Airport. Connect to the "AIRPORT" network.
If sleeping in Brno Airport does not appeal to you, there are a few small hotels located within a short drive from the airport:
- Slunecni Dvur - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Penzion Ruland - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- City Apart Hotel Brno - (12 min from the airport) Roundtrip airport shuttle service available, on request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Brno Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Komerční banka - Location: Arrivals Hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Air Service Brno - Location: Departures Hall.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Travel Fun Shop offers duty-free shopping airside in the Departures Hall. Airport Shop Brno convenience store can be found in the hallway between Departures and Arrivals. Both stores are open according to flight schedule.
- Food & Drinks - Starobrno Bar. Location: Departures, landside. Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM, or according to flight schedule • Aviette Bar. Location: Departures, airside. Hours: Open according to flight schedule.
- Information Desk - Yes, 2 desks can be found on the Ground Floor.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Luggage Wrapping - Available for a fee in the Departures Hall, near Check-In.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Public bus 76 runs the 20-minute journey between the airport and Brno Main Station. Bus N89 runs the same route at night, from 11:00PM - 5:00AM. Buses stop in front of the airport Departures terminal and in front of the Grand Hotel, near Brno Main Station. A single-ride ticket costs CZK 25, sold in ticket vending machines in Arrivals Hall, at newsstands in the Departures Hall, or onboard the bus (payable in CZK or EUR). For route maps, schedules and additional fare information, visit the DPMB website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the walkway between the Arrivals and Departures Halls: Avis, Budget, DK Auto, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. A one-way trip between the airport and Brno city center is 20 minutes.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.