Bucharest Baneasa Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bucharest Baneasa Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This airport is no bigger than a small bus station, with only a few counters, a bathroom and 2 gates (more like doors to the tarmac). - nic
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bucharest Aurel Vlaicu Airport.
What to Expect
- In March 2012, the airport was converted into a business airport and all low-cost carrier flights were transferred to the city’s main airport, Bucharest Henri Coanda.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bucharest Băneasa Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Bucharest Baneasa Airport in the Central Zone and Departures Hall.
If sleeping in Bucharest Baneasa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer airport shuttle service:
- Phoenicia Hotel - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Avis Hotel - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. Day rooms are available (from EUR 30).
- Ramada Hotel & Suites Bucharest North - (9 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available for a fee.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bucharest Baneasa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 3 ATMs and they can be found airside and landside.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - not available
- Food & Drinks
Very limited food offerings here.
1) Automat Food: Located near the Parking AIBB-AV.
2) Bar: serving coffee, tea, juices, etc. Located in the central area of the airport.
3) Snack Bar: Located in the International Departures area.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Showers - There are no showers at this airport
The airport is open 24 hours.
Buses and Trams
The 783 Express line links the airport to Bucharest city center with a 24-hour service that departs every 20 - 40 minutes. Bus fare is 3,5 lei (one-way) or 7 lei (roundtrip). Other bus lines that access the airport are Buses 131, 335, 148, 112 and 301, as well as Tram 5. For route maps, schedules and additional fare information, visit the RATB website.
The following car rental companies are available at Bucharest Baneasa Airport: Avis • Direct Rent a Car.
The M2 links the airport to the city center, with connections to Metro line M1 available at Piața Unirii and Piaţa Victoriei, and connection to Metro line M3 available at Piața Unirii. For system map and fare information, visit the Metrorex website.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.