Caen-Carpiquet Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Caen-Carpiquet Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Caen-Carpiquet Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport with limited amenities.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Caen-Carpiquet Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available in Caen Airport. In addition, there is a designated area in the Departures lounge for laptop users.
If sleeping in Caen-Carpiquet Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Caen Porte de Bretagne - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Hotel Le Bellevue - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Ibis Styles Caen Centre Paul Doumer - (20 min from the airport)
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Caen-Carpiquet Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Area - Location: Departures lounge.
- Currency Exchange - Not available in the airport.
- Food & Drinks - A variety of snacks, sandwiches, and hot/cold beverages are available for purchase from vending machines.
- Luggage Trolleys - A refundable deposit of € 1 is required.
- Magazines - Free magazines are available for your enjoyment in the terminal.
The airport is open from 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Mon-Fri), 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Sat), and 9:00AM - 10:00PM (Sun). Hours may be extended to accommodate non-commercial flights.
Bus company Twisto offers bus service to/from the airport and the Caen city center. every 15 minutes Monday through Saturday (5:30am - 12:30am) and Sundays and bank holidays (9am - midnight). Bus fare is €1.45. To see specific bus stops and details on purchasing tickets, visit the airport website. For bus service to Caen-Tilly/Seulles, take Line 8 with the regional service Bus Verts.
A taxi stand is located just outside the Arrivals Hall, timed to meet all flight arrivals and departures. Approximate fares are €22 to Caen city center and €28 to the Caen train station.
Companies offer car rental services onsite, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, and Sixt.
Last Updated: 07 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.