Chania Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Chania Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We had to stand in line for one hour to get our boarding cards, another 20 minutes to leave our baggage and finally 15 minutes to the security check. - a traveller (2015)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Chania International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal airport, served mostly by seasonal international flights. A limited selection of shopping and dining options are available.
- Reviewers report chaotic, disorganized and time-consuming procedures, from check-in to boarding and arrival.
- Lack of airconditioning in the terminal. Reviews are mixed on the cleanliness of the restrooms.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Chania Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm details about the airport’s VIP lounge. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Chania Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Areti Suites - (2 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request between 7:00AM and 12:00AM.
- Creta Vitalis - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Aloni Suites - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for approx. 15,00€ each way.
- Sissy Village All-Suite Hotel - No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for approx. 18,00€ each way
- Royal Sun Hotel - (12 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle is available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Chania Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - See Banking below.
- Banking - There are banks available at the airport, location and hours are not known, ATM machines may be available here.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Yes.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, as well as a mini market and traditional crafts market.
- Food & Drinks - There is a restaurant and bar onsite. Location and hours unknown.
- Medical Services - A First Aid station is available on the ground floor.
- Nursing Room - Yes.
The airport operates 24 hours a day; however, the terminal closes at night and overnight stays are not permitted inside of the airport terminal.
KTEL public buses serve the airport.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt • Trust.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.