Cluj Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Cluj Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Overall sleeping here is feasible, but I would not recommend it. Staying for several hours during daytime is not that bad. - marcorox
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Cluj International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and modern international airport terminal, easily accessible from the city center via cheap and easy public transportation.
- A selection of shopping and dining options is available but close at night. Reasonably-priced vending machines are available so have food and beverages handy for later!
- Lots of power outlets for mobile charging
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- All of the airport’s seat are hard and uncomfortable, with armrests, so the floor will be a more likely option for sleeping. Have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy for added comfort!
- Due to the airport’s bright lights and loud overhead music, a sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones are a must, if you want to sleep.
- Try the first floor, for easy access to restrooms, power outlets and vending machines.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Cluj Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, opposite Gates A2 and A3. Hours: 5:00AM - 7:00PM (Daily).
- Business Lounge - Location: International Terminalm Airside, opposite Gates B1 and B2. Hours: 5:00AM - 7:00PM (Daily).
Free WiFi is available at Cluj Airport in the VIP and Business lounges and the boarding areas for the International and Domestic departures.
If sleeping in Cluj Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pensiunea Verona Aeroport- (2 min from the airport) Free airport transfers.
- Pensiunea Zbor - (3 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($).
- Pensiunea Sada - (4 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Univers T - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for a fee.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Cluj Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available landside in the Departures and Arrivals areas.
- Airport Tours (minimum group size is 10 people)
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Location: Departures, airside, Upper Level.
- Currency Exchange - IDM offers currency exchange in the baggage reclaim area for international flights. Transylvania Bank offers both full-service banking and currency exchange in the International Terminal. Transylvania Bank hours are as follows: 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Mon-Fri) for banking; 8:00AM - 7:00PM daily for currency exchange.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available to passengers in the International Departures area from 3:30AM - 9:00PM. A variety of retail and gift shops are available throughout the airport terminal.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options, but vending machines are available. Food options include: Air Cafe • Brava Cafe • Cloud Cafe • Express Airport Restaurant • Petru Simigerie • So Coffee.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Luggage Wrapping - SecurePlus luggage wrapping is available landside in the Departures terminal. Hours: 3:30AM - 7:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus and Trolleybus
Public bus 8 runs daily between the airport and Mihai Viteazul Square in the city center, with a total trip time of 30 minutes in one direction. Buses depart every 10 minutes from 5:05AM - 10:40PM during the weekdays, and every 30 minutes from 5:30AM - 10:35PM on weekends and public holidays. Connections to other public bus and trolleybus lines are available at stops along the way.
Trolleybus 5 offers daily service between the airport and Cluj-Napoca train station. Departures are available every 10 minutes from 5:48AM - 9:02PM on weekdays, and every 30 minutes from 5:48AM - 8:57PM on weekends and public holidays. Connections to other public bus and trolleybus routes are available at most stops along the way.
For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the CTP Cluj-Napoca website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Autonom, Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Olimpo, PHP Rent A Car, Rodna, Sixt and Touring Rent Auto Romania.
Taxis are available outside of the Arrivals terminal on a 24-hour basis. For safety reasons, make sure your taxi of choice is equipped with a working meter in plain view before beginning your journey.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.