Dresden Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dresden Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The seats were few and far between - metal and "erganomic" which means where you laid on them, you couldnt lay flat, which made it worse! and it hurt. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Dresden Airport.
What to Expect
- A large, modern passenger terminal with a wide variety of shops, restaurants and services.
- Observation deck, flight simulator, airport tours and an inside playground are just some of the ways you can entertain yourself at Dresden Airport!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Dresden Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Lufthansa Business Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, After Security Control, Gate 12. Hours: varied. Lounge Access: Book Online (US$ 42)
Free WiFi is available at Dresden airport for 30 minutes. Connect to the "mycloud" network and register. Once your 30 minutes are up, you can connect through the paid service. Rates start at €2.95 (30 minutes) to €14.95 (500 minutes) for multi-use service or €9.95 (1 day) to €69.95 (1 month) service.
If sleeping in Dresden Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pension Schmiedeschaenke - (15 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Airport Hotel Dresden - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for approx. 10,00€.
- Quality Hotel Plaza Dresden - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Novalis Dresden - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. Hotel suggests the bus which runs every 20 mins. The stop is 300 m from the hotel (ride time is 30 minutes) and costs 2,30€.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Dresden Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - Guided tours of the airport can be arranged for individuals as well as groups. Reservations are required. On the Mini Tour (60 minutes) you'll pass through a security check and take a ride onboard an apron bus. On the Maxi Tour (90 minutes) you'll also visit the fire station or weather station. The Maxi Tours are open to individuals. Departure time: Sunday at 4:30PM. Rate 9€ (adults) and 6€ (children).
- ATM / Cash Machines - There are two 24-hour ATMs located landside in Arrivals.
- Baby Care Facilities - For comfort and privacy while feeding and changing your baby, Mother and Child rooms are located landside and airside in both Departures and Arrivals areas. Rental strollers are available for use throughout the airport, free of charge, all the way up to your gate. You can request one at Check-In or the Oversize Baggage counter.
- Baggage Trolleys - Available throughout the airport. Fee: unknown, but the trolleys do accept €1 and €2 coins.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Casino - Spiel-In Casino - Location: Arrivals. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily).
- Chapel - Location: Arrivals level. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Children’s Play Area - Play areas are available landside and airside in the Departures area.
- Currency Exchange - not available
- Duty Free & Shopping - Heinemann Duty Free offer duty-free shopping airside in the Departures area daily from 4:00AM - 9:00PM. A wide variety of gifts and local, regional, and international confections are available for purchase at Gate 14 airport shop, located landside in Arrivals. In addition, a newsstand, a pastry shop, and a couple of gift shops can also be found throughout the airport.
- Flight Simulator - FSD Flight Simulation Germany offers a 16 square metre curved screening with a 200° view and adjustable difficulty level. The flight simulator is open to professional pilots, flying school trainees and anyone interested in flying. Location: Arrivals. Hours: 9:00AM - 6:00PM (Mon - Fri). Available on weekends and public holidays by prior arrangement only.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Bar Cassis • Bar Limon • Feinbäckerei Heberer • Hangar 219 and Smoker Lounge • staff canteen (open to airport staff and general public).
- Information Desk - Location: Arrivals Level. Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Luggage Storage - Luggage lockers are available for rent at a rate of €2 - €4 per locker, depending on the size, for a period of up to 24 hours. Lockers used up to 72 hours incur an extra fee of €6. After 72 hours, the locker is unlocked and an extra fee of €15 is incurred. Location: At the multi-storey car park, near the entrance on Level 00. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Observation Deck - The viewing platform on the Gallery Level is open 24 hours. You can also watch the planes through a panoramic glass wall in the airport forecourt.
- Quiet Zone - Rest in a massage chair in the Quiet zone. Location: Departures Area, airside.
- Smoker's Lounge - Hangar 219 Restaurant and Smoking Lounge - Location: landside.
- Travel Centre - Plan your next trip while you’re still on a trip! The Travel Centre in Dresden Airport has 19 travel agent kiosks all together in one place, the largest gathering of travel agents in all of Dresden. Location: Departures, landside. Hours: 10:00AM - 6:00PM.
- VAT Refunds - Location: Silke Havlik jewellery store
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus 77 offers service to the Infineon Factory, with connection to Tram 7 available at the Infineon-Nord stop. Stops on the Tram 7 route include Albertplatz, Pirnaischer Platz and Dresden Hauptbahnhof (Central Station). Bus 80 travels to ElbePark shopping centre and Omsewitz in one direction, and Grenzstrasse railway station (connection to S2), Käthe-Kollwitz-Platz (connection to Tram 7) and Dresden-Klotzsche railway station (connections to S2 and regional services) in the other direction. Both buses stop just outside of the airport’s entrance. A single ticket costs € 2,20, good for travel on the S-Bahn, bus or tram. Tickets are sold from vending machines in train stations, and also from the airport’s information desk. For routes, timetables and additional fare information, visit the Deutsche Bahn website.
The following car rental agencies are available in the Arrivals Hall: Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Achat Comfort Hotel Dresden • Hilton Dresden Hotel • Hotel Alter Weinberg • Hotel Zwei Linden.
Taxis are available at taxi stands located in front of the terminal entrances and exits. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. At the time of this update, estimated one-way fare between the airport and Dresden city center is € 20.
Located on the lower ground floor, Dresden Airport Station is served by the S-Bahn line S2, which links the airport to Dresden’s two biggest railway stations. Double-decker trains depart every 30 minutes, with stops at Dresden Neustadt and Dresden Hauptbahnhof (Central Station) railway stations. Service to Heidenau and Pirna is available during the week, from Monday to Friday. A single ticket costs € 2,20, good for travel on the S-Bahn, bus or tram. Tickets are sold from vending machines in train stations, and also from the airport’s information desk. For routes, timetables and additional fare information, visit the Deutsche Bahn website.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.