Durham-Tees Valley Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Durham-Tees Valley Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Last week priority baggage took 45 minutes to make the baggage carousel, it was the only plane in the airport and they lost the bags! - a guest reviewer
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Durham-Tees Valley Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with a gift shop and cafe
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Durham-Tees Valley Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Durham-Tees Valley airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Swissport Lounge - Location: Airside, next to Gate 4. Hours: 4:30AM - 11:30AM • 1:00PM - 6:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 4:30AM - 11:30AM (Sat) • 4:30AM - 11:30PM & 3:00PM - 9:00PM (Sun). Lounge Access: Book Online (£17.99).
Free WiFi is available at Durham-Tees Valley Airport for 30 minutes. Additional time can be purchased at the following rates: £3 for 1 hour, £5 for 3 hours, £9 for the next 24 hours. Extended increments are available. Connect to the "AirportWiFi" network.
If sleeping in Durham-Tees Valley Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- St. George Hotel - Located at the airport. No airport shuttle is available as the hotel is a 2 min walk away.
- The Spa Hotel - Located at the airport. No airport shuttle is available. Day rooms (min 4 hours) are available from 10:00AM to 6:00PM for £40.
- Devonport Hotel - (1 mile from airport) No shuttle is available. The hotel suggests a taxi for approx. £6- £8.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Durham-Tees Valley Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Disabled Services – Wheelchairs available, lifts and ramps operate between floors, handicap toilets located throughout. Additional support services are available and can be organized with your airline, tour operator or at the airport directly.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour food options available. The only restaurant here is the airport café, located in the departure lounge.
- Shopping - WHSmith offers newspapers, magazines, snacks, drinks, and travel essentials at the airside location in Departures. A limited variety of groceries is also available for purchase from the WHSmith at a second location in the Arrivals concourse.
The airport is open from 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
Arriva North East Bus 12 offers hourly service between the airport, Hurworth/Neasham and Darlington. For route map, timetables and fare information, visit the Arriva Bus website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar and Hertz.
Taxis are available on a 24-hour basis at a taxi rank located outside of Arrivals. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. 1AB Taxis has a 24-hour booking desk in main terminal.
The nearest train station is Darlington Railway Station, with service available to and from Durham, York and Newcastle. At the time of this update, the train station is only accessible from the airport by car or taxi.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.