Erfurt Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Erfurt Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The gate area had bucket seats and poor ventiliation (take plenty of water in the summer!)
photo credit: RaBoe / WIkimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Erfurt–Weimar Airport.
What to Expect
- A small two terminal international airport with only one terminal currently in use (Terminal B). Erfurt is served mainly by seasonal flights. Shopping and dining options are limited.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Erfurt Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available in Erfurt Airport for 30 minutes.
If sleeping in Erfurt Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Hotel Erfurt - (4 min walk to the airport terminal) This hotel is located at the airport. No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Erfurt Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - Get a behind the scenes look at the airport. Tours must be arranged in advance. Rate: 8,00 € (adults) / 6,00 € (child)
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Terminal B, Ground Floor.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby Change facilities are available on the First Floor only.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping - A duty-free shop is located airside. Newspapers, magazines, snacks, souvenirs, and more can be purchased from The Air Shop, located landside.
- Food & Drinks - Two dining options are available: Bistro (Location: landside, Upper Floor. Hours: 10:00AM - 5:00PM, and 2 hours before flight departure) • KaffeeBar (Location: airside. Hours: 10:00AM - 5:00PM, and 2 hours before flight departure).
- Information Desk - Yes, located on the Ground Floor near the main entrance. Hours: Not known.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Lockers are available in the Parking Garage.
- Night Before Check-In - You can check-in your bags between 6:00PM - 9:00PM (Sun Express & Tunis Air) or 6:00PM - 8:00PM (Air Berlin) if you have a morning flight.
- Observation Deck - Access from the First Floor, open 24 hours a day.
- Showers - Not available
- Visitor's Terrace - Location: Airside. Access from Terminals A and B. Rate: free
The airport is open 24 hours.
Erfurt Airport is served by RVG Gotha bus routes 891, 894 and 895. For route maps, timetables and fare information, visit the RVG Gotha website.
Car rental services are offered in the pavilion between Terminals A and B. Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Hertz and Sixt.
City Tram 4 travels between Wiesenhügel and Bindersleben, stopping along the way at Erfurt Hauptbahnhof (main railway station) and Erfurt Airport. Connections to numerous local and long-distance trains are available from Erfurt railway. The airport tram stop is about 3 minutes walking distance from the front of Terminal B. Trams run every 10 minutes, and take about 25 minutes to reach Erfurt railway station from the airport. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the SWE EVAG website.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.