Faroe Islands Vágar Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Faroe Islands Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I tried, but I just couldn't fall asleep - others may have better luck.
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Vágar Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny but friendly single-terminal airport, surrounded by beautiful scenic island views. There’s just one gate, one shop and one food concession!
- All announcements, signs and even reading materials in the airport are in Faroese, the local language.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. One reviewer mentioned that the airport’s seat are cloth-covered wood and very uncomfortable. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Faroe Islands Vágar Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information not available
If sleeping in Faroe Vagar Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Vagar Hotel - (2 minute walk from the airport terminal) No airport shuttle
To find a cheap room, there is a list of Faroe Islands Deals on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - DutyFree + FAE is the airport’s only shop, offering duty-free shopping during airport hours of operation.
- Food & Drinks - The airport’s food concessions are open during normal flight times only. Food options are: Flogkaffi FAE Cafe & Bar • Hvonn Airport (landside - limited menu) • Hvonn Airside (airside - hot meals).
The airport is open 7:00AM – 7:45PM.
Avis and Hertz have car rental kiosks in the airport terminal
Taxis and Shuttles
Both metered taxis and shared-ride shuttles serve the airport during airport hours of operation. Reservations may be required. For taxi service, contact Auto Taxi or Bil Taxi. For scheduled, door-to-door shared-ride service, contact Hammer Shuttle.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.