Genoa Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Genoa Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was locked inside the airport! The doors were closed, the lights were shut and I slept well (because I didn't even realize that I was all alone until the early morning). -P
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Cristoforo Colombo Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with a limited variety of shops and restaurants
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Genoa Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Genoa airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Sala Genova Lounge - Location: Landside, first floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€25.00) • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Genoa Airport for up to 3 hours. Connect to the “Airport Free Wifi” network if you are on the departure floor (applies to check-in area, gate area, the restaurant and in its panoramic terrace). In the arrivals area of the airport you may connect to the “Free WiFi Genova” network.
If sleeping in Genoa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Tower Genova Airport Hotel & Conference Center - (5 min walk from the airport) Hotel operates a free shuttle between the hotel and the city center. The shuttle does not go to the airport, as the hotel is less than 5 minutes walking distance.
- Marinaplace Hotel - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Best Western Premier CHC Airport Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs from 7:00AM to 10:00PM (must be booked in advance).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Genoa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is one 24-hour ATM located in both the Arrival Hall and the Departure Hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Hours: 8:00AM - 4:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 8:00AM - 1:20PM (Sat).
- Duty Free & Shopping - A duty free store is located airside, 3 other shops are available, Giglio Bagnara sells items you may need for your flight.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food concessions.
- Information Booth - Location: Landside. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:30PM every day (closed between 1:00PM and 1:30PM).
- Luggage Wrapping - Protect your luggage with Safe Bag luggage wrapping service. Rates start at € 10 per bag. Location: Departures, landside Hours: unknown
- Showers - not available
The airport is open from 4:40AM - 12:30AM.
Volabus offers an express bus service between the airport and city center. Frequent departures are available for the 30-minute trip, which brings passengers to and from Brignole railway station from 6:00AM - 12:00AM. Minimal stops are made along the way, which include Principe railway station and De Ferrari/Centro Citta Metro station. The €6,00 bus fare includes a 60-minute ticket good for any mode of transportation on the AMT public transportation network (same day travel only). Tickets are sold on board the coach, at the Airport Local Tourist Promotion Board, at AMT ticket vending machines in the airport or railway stations, at AMT ticket offices, at authorized AMT ticket vendors in or near bus stops, at the Genoa Tourist Information Offices in Caricamento Square (near Acquario) and Garibaldi Street (in front of city hall) or online.
Shuttle Service i24 links the airport to the Sestri Ponente district, Sestri Ponente railway station and the Marina Genoa Airport. Shuttles depart every 30 minutes from around 6:15AM - 7:45PM. Total trip time is 30 - 40 minutes. Adult fare is €1,60 and comprises of a combined bus and train ticket, good for 100 minutes of travel on the AMT and Trenitalia public transportation networks, starting from the moment it is validated. These tickets are sold at the ATM automated ticket machines located on the ground floor, in the Arrivals area.
For route maps, schedules and additional fare information for Volabus, Shuttle i24 or the AMT public transportation network, visit the AMT website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Maggiore, Sicily by Car/AutoEuropa and Sixt.
Taxis are available outside of the Arrivals area on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.