Gibraltar Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Gibraltar Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
if the weather's warm try the observation area on top of the terminal building, but you need a ma. - Paul
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Gibraltar International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with a limited variety of shops and restaurants.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Gibraltar Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Gibraltar airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Calpe Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: 9:00AM - 1:30PM & 3:00PM - 8:30PM (Mon, Wed, Fri) • 9:00AM - 12:00AM & 3:00PM - 8:30PM (Tues) • 9:00AM - 9:30PM (Thurs) • 10:00AM - 6:00PM (Sat) • 9:00AM - 10:00PM (Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (£20.00) • Book Online (£20.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Gibraltar Airport . Connect to the "GIB_PUBLIC" network.
If sleeping in Gibraltar Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sunborn Gibraltar - (6 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hostal La Campana - (10 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Asur Hotel Campo de Gibraltar - (15 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Gibraltar Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two ATMs in the airport, both of which dispense Sterling and Euro notes. You’ll find one of them next to the Airport Information Desk in Arrivals, and the other next to the Calpe Lounge in the main Departures lounge.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Gibraltar Duty Free Shop offers duty-free shopping landside and airside. In addition, you’ll find a few fashion boutiques and a WHSmith newsstand airside, and a gift shop located landside.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hours concessions. Food options are limited to Victoria Lounge (landside) and 36° North Restaurant & Bar (airside).
- Information Desk - Location: Concourse Area, Ground Floor.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage storage is available at a rate of £3.00 - £6.00 per day, per piece of luggage, depending on the size. Visit the Airport Information Desk for assistance. Hours: unknown.
- Mail Box - Drop off your last minute postcards at the mail box located opposite the main check-in area next to the airline information desks.
- Mobile Charging - You can find free charging units next to gates 1, 2 and 3.
- Prayer Room - A multi-faith prayer room is available for prayer and meditation. Location: Airside
- Observation Decks - There are viewing terraces located before and after security. The entrance to the landside terrace is located to the right of the arrivals area, next to Victoria Lounge.
- Shopping - In addition to a duty free store, the following shops are available: WH Smith • Seruya • Tommy Hilfiger • SkyShop • Sunglass Boutique • All Wrapped Up • Malts and More.
- Showers - not available
Information not available
Bus 5 (red bus) runs daily between the airport and Market Place in the city center, with departures available every 15 - 20 minutes. Service begins as early as 6:15AM, and runs until about 9:00PM. The airport bus stand is on Winston Churchill Avenue, just 2 minutes on foot from the airport terminal. Connections to other Gibraltar buses are available from Market Place. Located about 700m from Frontier, on Calle Felipe, is La Linea Bus Station, with connections available to local and regional buses. For route descriptions, timetables and fare information, visit the Gibraltar Airport website.
Gibraltar Airport is served by Avis and Auto Aguirre.
Taxis are available at taxi stands located outside of the airport terminal, at Frontier, Casemates Square, Piazza, Anglican Cathedral and Trafalgar Cemetery. A taxi stand is also located to the right of the border exit at CA-34/N-351 Av Principe de Asturias, for those traveling into Spain. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.