Granada Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Granada Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
we had to sleep on a field next to airport during December!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal airport with minimal shopping and dining options.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport, but you can stay outside on airport grounds. Have a sleeping bag and travel pillow handy for warmth and comfort.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Granada Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Granada Airport. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
If sleeping in Granada Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Capitulaciones - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Casa del Trigo - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Camino de Granada - (13 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Granada Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Departures Hall, Floor 0, Landside.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby change facilities are available.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Area - Location: Boarding area, airside, Level 0.
- Currency Exchange - Not available at the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Two dining options are available: Cafetería (Location: Departures, landside, Level 0) • Fresh Self-Service Bar & Cafeteria (Location: Departures, airside, Level 0). Both are open during airport hours of operation.
- Information Desk - Location: Departures Hall, Floor 0, Landside. Hours: unknown.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available in the First Aid station. Location: Departures hall, landside, Level 0.
- Police - Location: P0, Baggage Hall.
- Shopping - The duty free store sells typical items such as cosmetics, alcohol, tobacco, food and souvenirs. Location: Airside, Floor 0, Departures Area. Hours: 7:00AM - last flight.
- Showers - Not available
unknown (closed at night)
The Granada-Airport bus line offers service between the airport and the city center, with stops along the way at Avenida de Andalucía, the bus station, Gran Vía de Colón and Paseo del Violón, next to the Palacio de Congresos. Total trip time is 40 minutes, and a single-ride ticket costs €3.
Avis, Europcar and Goldcar are located on the ground floor of the airport terminal.
Taxis are available at the taxi stand located outside of the airport terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Fares are slightly higher on weeknights (10:00PM - 6:00AM), weekends and public holidays. The following estimated one way fares were current at the time of this update: to/from Granada city center €27 - 29; bus station €25 - 27; Palacio de Congresos €27 - 29; Sierra Nevada (high or down area) €85 - 95.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.