Graz Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Graz Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The only downfall is that PA.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Graz Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, modern single-terminal international airport with limited shopping and dining options. Restaurants close at night, so have food and beverage handy for late-night snacking!
- Check out the airport’s art gallery!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Armrest-free benches are available in the terminal, but have a sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones to block out the airport’s bright lights and frequent overhead announcements throughout the night.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Graz Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge - Location: Airside, 1st Floor. If you are flying economy class you can purchase an invitation at the information desk in the departure hall, near the check-in counter. Hours: 5:30AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€17.00)
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Graz Airport. Connect to the “Verbinden” network. Additionally, there are four free Internet terminals in the Departures Hall (three in the Schengen and one in the non-Schengen area). In the VIP Lounge, there are two internet terminals.
If sleeping in Graz Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Gasthof zum Flughafen - (5 - 10 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Gastehaus Feldkirchen- (15 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Kiwano Hotel & Restaurant - (2 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Oekotel Kalsdorf - (4 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Ramada Graz - (6 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Graz Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - Group tours (up to 25 people) are available at Graz Airport. Must be booked 14 days in advance.Rate: € 73,00 per group
- Art Gallery - The airport gallery “Galerie am Flughafen” offers exhibitions and cultural events. Location: New Departure Hall, first floor
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is a bank located Landside.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby change facilities are available at the airport (5 locations).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - A "Kiddie Air" play area is available in the departure hall. While in the Arrivals Hall, children can use iPads at "Joanneum Research".
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available from 5:00AM until last flight. If you need to pick up groceries on your way home to your destination in Graz, stop at Spar, located in Arrivals. A wide variety of hot and cold sandwiches, take-away meals and general groceries are available.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Information Desk - Location: Departure Hall. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:30PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Observation Deck - A visitor's terrace is located on the ground floor (landside). During the summer a restaurant is open.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open from 4:30AM - 12:00AM.
Graz Airport is served by Postbus lines 630 and 631, with buses accessing the airport from a bus stop located outside of the Arrivals area. Line 630 travels between Graz central station, Kalsdorf, Fernitz and Großsulz, stopping at the airport enroute. Line 631 runs between Graz central station, Graz Jakominiplatz and Thalerhof, via the airport. Total trip time in one direction on either route is 30 minutes. Adult bus fare is € 1.90. For route maps, timetables and additional fare information, visit the ÖBB Postbus website.
Car rental services are available on the ground floor of the parking deck, connected to the passenger terminal by a covered walkway. Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Megadrive and Sixt.
SMS Flughafentransfer offers 24-hour door-to-door shared or private ride service between the airport and your location of choice within Graz. For shared-ride service, a wait of up to 90 minutes may be possible in order to get other passengers on the same departure. No wait is required for private individual transfers. Rides can be booked via 24-hour phone line, online or at the customer service desk in the airport.
Thermenland Steiermark shuttles offers service between the airport and six thermal resorts in the region, from 6:00AM - 10:00PM. Service must be booked through your hotel at least 4 days before your arrival. Fare is € 30 per person, one way.
Taxis are available outside of the Arrivals area, during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Flughafen Graz-Feldkirchen railway station is located within a 10-minute walk from the airport. This station is on the Spielfeld-Strass line, with hourly service to and from Graz central railway station from 6:00AM - 1:00AM. Total one-way trip time to/from Graz central station is about 12 minutes. For timetables and fares, visit the ÖBB website.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.