Grenoble Isere Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Grenoble Isere Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Don't bother trying to sleep at Grenoble Airport, it closes at 22:00 and kick everyone out.
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Grenoble–Isère Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport, served entirely by seasonal flights. Shopping and dining options are very limited.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Grenoble Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Grenobe-Isere Airport.
If sleeping in Grenoble Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- La Ferme de Thoudiere - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available, upon request.
- Hotel de France - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotel deals in Grenoble on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATM / Cash Machines - Not available at the airport. There is a cash machine located at the gas station at the entrance to the airport grounds.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Not available. You will need to exchange money in the city.
- Duty Free & Shopping - A duty-free shop, souvenir shop, and Relay newsstand are the airport’s shopping options, all open in accordance to flight times for the day.
- Food & Drinks - Séquoia Restaurant Bar offers full-service dining and bar in the Departures lounge, during the winter months around 8:00AM - 4:00PM, or in accordance to flight times for the day. In addition, there are three snack bars, which can be found on the ground floor, in the Departures lounge, and in Arrivals.
- Information Desk - Yes, located in the departures hall. Hours: Not known.
- Mail Box - Location: near the terminal entrance. Mail is collected at 8:30AM.
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt. Please note that Avis, Enterprise and Europcar only operate during the winter season, and are closed from May 1st to November 30th. Sixt is closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Actibus Aeroport Express offers seasonal shuttle service between the airport and Gare de Grenoble (main railway station), with services coordinated with flight arrivals and departures. Total trip time is 45 minutes in one direction. Adult one-way fare is € 12,60. Private, door-to-door shuttle service is also available during ski season. For schedules and reservations, visit the Actibus website.
Ben’s Bus offers direct weekly shared-ride shuttle service (weekends only) to the following French resorts: Alpe d'Huez, Aime, Bourg d'Oisans, Bourg St Maurice, Chamrousse, Les Deux Alpes, Les Menuires, Moutiers, St Martin de Belleville, St Foy, Tignes, Vald'Isère and Val Thorens. Ben’s Bus also travels to towns near the following resorts: Brides Les Bains, Courchevel, La Grave, La Plagne, la Roisère, La Tania, Les Allues, les Arcs, Méribel, Mottaret, Serre Chevalier, Oz en Oisans, Vaujany. For further information and reservations, go to the Ben’s Bus website.
Transisère offers scheduled shuttle service between the airport and Isère county.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are recommended, but not required. At the time of this update, estimated one way fare between the airport and Grenoble is between € 70 - 100.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.