Horta Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Horta Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Horta Airport.
What to Expect
- The single terminal was remodeled in 2001.
- There is one food option open from 8am - 6:30pm daily.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Horta Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Sata Plus Lounge - Location: Landside, Ground Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 7:00PM (Mon - Wed, Fri - Sat during summer months) • 8:30AM - 5:30PM (Tues & Sat during summer months) • 9:00AM - 5:30PM (Daily during the winter months).
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Horta Airport. Connect to the "VINCI Airports wifi" network.
If sleeping in Horta Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Quinta das Buganvilias - Across the street from the airport. No airport shuttle.
- Quinta da Meia Eira - (2 min from airport) No airport shuttle
- Casa da Japoneira - (4 min from airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Horta Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Disabled Services – The airport works in partnership with MyWay to provide personalized support for passengers with reduced mobility. Services include lifts, escalators, moving walkways, signage and professional support for those who book at least 48 hours in advance.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside at the Duty Free Store from 8:30AM - 6:30AM. Souvenirs and local crafts can be purchased landside at Peter Cafe Sport from 8:00AM - 5:30PM.
- Food & Drink - The airport’s only dining option is Peter Cafe Sport, open landside from 8:00AM - 5:30PM.
- Information Desk – Located landside in departures, and open from 8:00AM – 6:30PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Enjoy a hands-free layover! Store your luggage for €4.01 per item, per day. Location: Arrivals, landside. Hours: 8:00AM - 7:00PM.
- Mobile Charging – Not available.
- Rest Zones – Not available
- Showers – Not available
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at email@example.com and we will update the guide.
Ilha Verde Rent A Car and Auto Turistica Faialense offer car rental services onsite.
Taxis are readily available outside of the airport terminal.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.