Humberside Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Humberside Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Humberside Airport.
What to Expect
- This airport is comprised of a small, single terminal serving a few European destinations.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport closes at night, so it is not possible to spend the night.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Humberside Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Humberside airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Swissport Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: varied (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£17.99 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Humberside Airport for 30 minutes in a 24-hour period. Also available are premium services and additional pay-as-you-go rates.
If sleeping in Humberside Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Nightel - 5 min walk from the airport terminal
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Humberside Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Conference Facilities – Not available in the terminal. Nearest facilities are at Nightel, the nearby airport hotel.
- Currency Exchange – Available through theExchange, located in the terminal building adjacent the information desk.
- Disabled Services – The airport offers a number of services, including handicap parking, wheelchairs, handicap toilets, and equipment to facilitate navigating the airport and boarding the plane. The airport recommends notifying them and the airline of any special assistance needed in advance.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free & Shopping - Snacks, magazines, books, and more are available for purchase landside at WHSmith. Once you go airside, duty-free shopping is available airside at World Duty Free store.
- Food & Drink - The only dining option is The Restaurant at Humberside Airport, located landside. There is also a bar located landside and airside.
- Information Desk – Located in the terminal building, adjacent the Exchange
- Prayer Rooms – No dedicated facility, but members of the Airport Chaplaincy team are always available on request.
- Smoking Area – Available a short distance from the terminal entrance.
- Travel Agency – Two in-house travel agencies are located in the main terminal building
The airport is open from 4:30AM - 10:00PM.
The Humber Flyer operates an hourly shuttle service along a route between Cleethorpes, Grimsby, Humberside Airport, Barton and Hull, including villages along the way. Services are available Monday - Saturday. The fare between the airport and Grimsby is £3.20 (one-way) or £5.80 (roundtrip). The fare between the airport and Hull is £4.50 (one-way) or £6.90 (roundtrip). For route map, schedule and additional fare information, visit the Stagecoach Bus website.
The following car rental companies are available: Avis and Europcar. Location: the arrivals area in the terminal.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Cable Taxis operates a 24-hour hotline, and has a service office located inside the passenger terminal.
Located three miles away, Barnetby Station is the nearest train station to the airport. Barnetby Station is served by TransPennine Express and East Midlands Trains, which offer service to and from towns and cities throughout the region, including Barnetby, Cleethorpes, Doncaster, Grimsby, Manchester Piccadilly, Manchester Airport and Sheffield. The train station can be reached by taxi, as there were no public transport links at the time of this update.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.