Inverness Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Inverness Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Inverness Airport.
What to Expect
- This small, older terminal provides flights to several UK destinations and a few international cities.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Inverness Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Inverness airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Aspire Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: 5:30AM - 6:30PM (Mon - Sat) • 5:30AM - 6:15PM (Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£17.99 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Inverness Airport. There are also pay-to-use internet terminals in the main concourse (vouchers are sold at the Information Desk or within the Highland Lounge).
If sleeping in Inverness Airport does not appeal to you, here are some hotels located within 2 miles of the airport:
- The Gun Lodge Hotel - (2 miles from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Dolphin Bay Suites - (2 miles from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Easter Dalziel Farm Self-Catering Cottages - (2 miles from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Inverness Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care Facilities - A parenting room is available for use. Ask an Information Desk staff member for access.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Disabled Services – The airport provides a range of assistance services that cover the car park through to boarding. Passengers requiring assistance should pre-book a minimum of 48 hours before travel.
- Duty Free & Shopping - There is no designated duty-free shop at Inverness. However, you can browse a WHSmith, a whisky store and a unique gift boutique.
- Food & Drink - Inverness airport is not open 24 hours, and as such, neither are the restaurants. Most however will remain open until the final departure, and open roughly when the airport does. 2 restaurants are located landside (D’Lish and The Meeting Place) and airside you will find the Airside Cafe and Bar.
- Information Desk – Available in the main concourse.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the First Aid Room. Ask an Information Desk staff member for assistance.
- Prayer Rooms – A multi-denominational chapel is available, as is an airport Chaplain.
- Rest Zones – Not available
- Showers – Not available
The airport terminal is open 5:00AM - 10:00PM.
Stagecoach Jet Bus service runs every 30 minutes between the airport and Inverness city center. Hourly service is also available to Nairn, Forres and Elgin.
Avis/Budget and Europcar are available onsite in the terminal building.
Taxis are readily available at the ground transportation area of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required, but service can be pre-booked by contacting Inverness Taxis via phone, text, email or online.
Inverness Airport is connected to Inverness Train Station via bus or taxi. If traveling by bus, get off at Academy Street by Eastgate Shopping Center to reach the train station. Inverness Train Station is accessed by trains from all over the Highlands, including Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.