Izmir Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Izmir Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Bring enough to eat and drink! Even if you will have to throw it away before security check it will be cheaper than buying something at the airport! -Blablabla1
photo credit: Africaspotter / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at İzmir Adnan Menderes Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious and modern international airport with clean facilities and a wide variety of shops and restaurants, some open 24 hours!
- Some reviewers found the airport’s shops and restaurants to be pricey, so you may want to bring your own food and beverages to the airport.
- Power outlets can be hard to find, so have a portable power bank handy to charge your electronics.
- WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- There are lots of little alcoves to catch a nap in, and if you take the elevator between the check-in desks up to the top floor, you will find comfortable couches to sprawl out on.
- Have a sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to block out those bright airport lights and loud overhead announcements.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our İzmir Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Primeclass Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€25.00) • Book Online (US$ 27 - 4 hours)
- Primeclass Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€25.00) • Book Online (US$ 27 - 4 hours)
WiFi is available at Izmir Airport for a fee. Inside the International Terminal lounges, guests will have free WiFi.
If sleeping in Izmir Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Orty Airport Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request. As soon as you have picked-up your luggage, call 90-232-274-71-71 for pick-up. Airport pick-up locations: Domestic Arrivals (near Kantin Cafe) and International Arrivals (Simpark Cafe).
- Hakcan Izmir Airport Hotel - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Izmir Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are five ATMs located throughout the landside and airside areas of the International Terminal.
- Baggage Carts - Yes, available in Arrivals Baggage Claim areas and at Departure Gates.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - There are two currency exchange offices located landside and one more located airside.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping, along with a limited variety of retail shops, are available 24 hours a day.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Beer Port Bar (Departures Level, airside, lefthand shopping arcade) • Café İzmir (Departures Level, landside, near Ticket Counter Island 66).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Baggage Safety Deposit Service is available for 10.00 TL - 30.00 TL per bag, depending on the size. Location: International Terminal, Arrivals Floor Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping - Protect your valuables with luggage wrapping service. Location: International Terminal, Departures Floor Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Massage Chairs - Location: airside
- Medical Services - Portclinic - Location: International Terminal, Departures Level. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Mosque - Separate muslim prayer rooms for men and women are available in the landside area of the terminal. Hours: Open 24 hours
- Pharmacy - Location: Nature of Pharamcy, International Terminal, Arrivals Floor. Hours: unknown.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
The airport is served by three bus routes: Route 200 (Mavisehir - Airport), Route 202 (Alsancak Cumhuriyet Avenue - Airport) and Route 204 (Bornova Izmir Metro/Bus Station (İZOTAŞ) - Airport). For more information about local bus routes, fares and timetables, go to the ESHOT website.
Convenient and affordable transportation is also available via Havaş Shuttle airport bus service. Havaş buses travel between the airport and the following destinations: Aydin (25,00 TL one-way; total trip time: 90 min); Alsancak (10,00 TL one-way; total trip time: 60 min); Karşıyaka Mavişehir (10,00 TL one-way; total trip time: 60 min) and Kuşadası (25,00 TL one-way; total trip time: 90 min). At the time of this update, services to Çeşme have ceased until April 1, 2016. All listed fares, valid at the time of this update, include VAT. Listed travel times vary depending on the current traffic situation. For schedules and route information, go to the Havaş website.
Car rental services are available 24 hours a day from the following onsite agencies: Avis, Duray, Europcar, Hertz, IŞIL Tur, Payless, Sixt, Yes Oto and Zafer.
Metered taxis are available around the clock at Izmir Airport. At the time of this update, initial fare is 3TL, with a charge of 2.40TL per km. Taxi drivers can give you an estimate of your trip before you begin your journey.
There are two lines along the Izban metropolitan railway: North line and South line. The airport is accessible via the South line, which serves Izmir’s southern districts and the town of Menderes. At Alsancak stop, passengers can switch to/from the North line, which serves the northern districts of Izmir and the city of Aliağa. Connections to Izmir Metro are available at Hilal (South line) and Halkpinar (North line) stops. For information on fares, routes and schedules, visit the İZBAN website.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.