Karlsruhe Baden Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Karlsruhe Baden Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Airport hotel closes at night and the airport is basically in the middle of no where.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport, served mainly by low-cost carriers and seasonal flights. A variety of shopping and dining options are available.
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Karlsruhe Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no airport lounges at Karlsruhe Baden Airport.
Free WiFi is available at Karlsruhe Baden Airport for 30 minutes.
If sleeping in Karlsruhe Baden Airport does not appeal to you, there is a B&B across the street:
- B&B Hotel Baden-Airpark - (3 min walk to the airport) Located across the street from the airport terminal, this is the closest hotel to the airport. No airport shuttle.
- Hotel zum Schwan - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Landgasthof Hirsch - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Karlsruhe Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - ATMs are available in the northern terminal (opposite the bistro) and the southern terminal (opposite Arrivals). If you need to convert your Euros from bills into coins, moneychanger machines are available near the ATMs.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby-changing rooms are located airside near the departure gates, and landside in the Arrivals Hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Area - Yes, check out the outdoor terrace with children's playground in the departure area.
- Currency Exchange – There is no foreign currency facility, but a moneychanger will exchange small bills near the northern ATM.
- Disabled Services – The entire terminal is on a single level, and can be easily navigated with a white cane. Bookings for wheelchairs and walking frames should be made 48 hours in advance. There is also an inductive audio facility.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Shopping options include a duty-free store, newsstand, and a souvenir shop.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, there are no 24-hour food options. There is however a bistro and beer garden (airside). Otherwise, there are a number of nearby restaurants located in the airpark more broadly.
- Information Desk – Located near the check in desk.
- Luggage Trolleys - Available to use for a € 1 coin refundable deposit.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – APCOA Parking Deutschland GmbH - Location: Building B408, 200m away from the passenger terminal. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00AM. Costs are calculated per day and are dependent on weight.
- Photo Booth – Located inside the terminal beside the arrival area and rental car offices
- Prayer Room - Location: Arrivals, southern end of the terminal.
- Visitor Terrace – Get a bird’s eye view of the airport, free of charge! Two locations: APCOA Parking building • northern end of the passenger terminal.
The terminal opens two hours before the first departing flight, and closes after the last arriving flight. It is not possible to stay overnight in the airport.
Bus 140 (Hahn Express) travels between the airport and Heidelberg main station, via Karlsruhe main station. For route map, schedules and fare information, visit the Hahn Express website.
Bus 243 (SWEG) runs between the airport and Rastatt main station, via Hügelsheim and Iffezheim. For route map, schedules and fare information, visit the SWEG website.
Bus 285 (KVV) runs between the airport and Baden-Baden Station, via via Hügelsheim and Kartung. For route map, schedules and fare information, visit the KVV website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Several shuttles serve the airport, traveling to and from destinations such as Alsace, Strasbourg, Neckar Alb and Pforzheim. For a list of service providers, visit the Baden Airpark website.
Taxis are available at the taxi stand in front of the airport terminal. A one-way trip between the airport and Baden-Baden Station takes 15 minutes and costs €30.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.