Kiruna Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kiruna Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
After midnight they locked us out and we spent the night in our rented car (luckily we only had to return it in the morning). -Miha
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kiruna Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal international airport with basic facilities.
- WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kiruna Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free WiFi is available at Kiruna Airport. Connect to the "Airport-Guest” network. You have a 3 hour or 100mb download limit. Should you wish to extend your time or download limit, the rates are: SEK 49 (1 hour) or SEK 129 (1 day).
If sleeping in Kiruna Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels ear the airport:
- Hotel E-10 - (9 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- 68 Degrees B&B - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Bishops - (12 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kiruna Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care - Baby changing facilities are available at the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there are no 24-hour food concessions. The Restaurant SPiS Mat & Dryck is located after security. It opens 1-2 hours prior to the first departure.
- Left Luggage and Lockers - The airport has lockers as well as a cloakroom for storage however location and rates are not known.
- Shopping - A souvenir shop is available airside.
- Smoking - Smoking is permitted in designated smoking rooms.
The airport opens 90 minutes before the first flight departure, and closes after last flight of the day. Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
Buses and Shuttles
Hörvalls Buss offers year-round service between the airport and central Kiruna, via Hjalmar Lundbomsvägen and Malmvägen roads. Buses run in coordination with flight arrivals to and from Arlanda Airport, with departures available 30 minutes after the arrival of a flight from Arlanda. Tickets can be purchased on the bus with cash or credit card. For route map, schedule and fare information, visit the Hörvalls Buss website.
Norrbottens Länstrafik Bus 19 runs between Narvik and Kiruna Central Station, via Kiruna Airport, Abisko, Björkliden and Riksgränsen. For route map, schedule and fare information, visit the Norrbottens Länstrafik website.
Visit Abisko offers door-to-door shared ride service between the airport and hotels in Kiruna, Abisko and Björkliden.
Lapland Resorts offers daily seasonal shuttle service between the airport and Riksgränsen or Björkliden, typically from December through May. Reservations are required.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Europcar and Hertz.
Flygtaxi and Taxi Kiruna offer service to and from the airport. Taxis can be pre-booked online or hired by phone, and are also available at the ground transportation area of the airport terminal.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.