Klagenfurt Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Klagenfurt Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Klagenfurt Airport.
What to Expect
- The small single terminal is fairly old, with decreasing traffic yearly. The airline currently flies to a few regional destinations.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Klagenfurt Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Klagenfurt Airport.
If sleeping in Klagenfurt Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Schlosshotel St. Georgen - (5 min from airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport that we were able to find. No airport shuttle available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Klagenfurt Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tour – 1.5-hour tours are available for those who organize them a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Conference Facilities – Skybird restaurant can be transformed into a meeting place with flip charts, slide projectors and OHP projectors.
- Duty Free & Shopping - A duty-free shop is available, along with a newsstand and clothing boutique.
- Food & Drink – The airport’s only dining option is Skybird Bistro & Cafe. Location: Departures, landside, opposite Check-in. Hours: 4:30AM - 6:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage lockers are available at the following rates: € 3 for the 1st day, € 2 for each additional day up to 28 days (small locker) or € 4 for the 1st day, € 3 for each additional day up to 28 days (large locker). Location: Car Rentals area, near the call boxes.
- Visitor Terrace – Get a bird’s eye view of the airport complex on the Sun Terrace. Entry is free of charge, and only during summer months. Location: Main Building, 2nd Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM.
The airport is open from 4:00AM - 9:30PM (summer months) • 5:00AM - 10:30PM (winter months).
Stadtwerke Klagenfurt Gruppe (STW) offers bus service to/from the airport. The airport bus stop is located directly in front of the terminal. For information about fares and schedules visit the STW website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Autovermietung Eisner Opel-Rent, Avis, Buchbinder, Budget, Europcar Österreich, Hertz, Megadrive/Enterprise and Sixt.
Kärnten Transfer offers service between the airport and popular tourists spots in the region, such as Graz, Gerlitzen, Nassfeld and Wörthersee. Service is coordinated with Germanwings flight schedules for flights to/from Berlin, Cologne and Hamburg.
Taxis are readily available in taxi stands located outside of both Departures and Arrivals. At the time of this update, a one-way fare between the airport and city center is € 12.
Klagenfurt Annabichl train station is just a five minute walk from the airport. Trains depart hourly for the 5 minute journey between the airport and Klagenfurt main railway station, which is accessed by trains on the South and Tauern Railway lines. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the OEBB website.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.