Kristiansand Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kristiansand Kjevik Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The airport is situated in the middle of nothing, but there is a very nice beach with play areas just over a river, so I slept in a playhouse. -Argus
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kristiansand Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and modern single-terminal international airport with minimal shopping and dining options.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kristiansand Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Kristiansand Airport for two hours. Connect to the "Airport" network. Simply log in again once your time has expired, alternatively you may also purchase premium service.
If sleeping in Kristiansand Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport. The closest hotels are:
- Ansgar Summerhotel - (9 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Thon Hotel Sorlandet - (11 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Scandic Dyreparken - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kristiansand Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located in the Departures and Arrivals halls of both the Domestic and International terminals.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside to both departing and arriving passengers 24 hours a day. Proof of flight (boarding pass, flight tickets, etc.) is required for duty-free purchases.
- Food & Drinks - Deli di Luca is the airport’s only dining option, with one location each in Departures and Arrivals halls. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Departures hall) • Hours vary in the Arrivals hall location. At the time of this update, 24-hour dining is not available.
- Shopping - Duty Free is available. Hours: 24 hours a day.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Haga Buss offers scheduled service to/from Kristiansand Bus Station, stopping at the University and major hotels along the way. Agder Flyekspress and Flybussen offer scheduled service to Grimstad and Arendal. Service to Lillesand is also possible via Flybussen.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis/Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt
Taxis are readily available at a taxi stand located next to the airport terminal.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.