Lanzarote Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lanzarote Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
At midnight they told is to go sleep outside because they did not want us to stay in the airport!! It was awful. - ana
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Lanzarote Airport.
What to Expect
- There are two terminals: T1 opened in 1999 and serves international flights; T2 is smaller and older, though has been renovated, and is used for flights within the Canary Islands.
- Food options are open according to flight schedules.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Sleeping inside the airport overnight is not permitted.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lanzarote Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Guacimeta VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gates 1-2. Schengen and non-Schengen flights. Hours: 6:00AM - last scheduled flight. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€16.94 per adult and €11.25 per child) • Book Online (£27 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free, unlimited WiFi is available at the airport courtesy of Kubi Wireless.
If sleeping in Lanzarote Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Nautilus Lanzarote - (4 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Costa Sal Villas and Suites - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lanzarote Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available in the boarding area (1st floor) and the Arrivals Hall (ground floor).
- Baggage Carts - Yes, available, however it is not known if they are free.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Area - Terminal 1, 1st Floor, boarding area.
- Duty Free & Shopping - 2 Duty Free shops are available as well as a variety of other shops.
- Exhibition - Visit the Leisure and Culture Hall, Terminal 2, Departures Area.
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants and coffee shops available both landside and airside. All food service providers seem to operate with the flight schedules.
- Information Desk - Two locations: T1, landside, Check-In, 1st floor. • T2, landside, Arrivals Hall, ground floor.
- Luggage Wrapping - Yes.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the First Aid station. Location: T1, Arrivals Hall, ground floor.
- Observation Deck - Yes, exact location and hours are not known.
- Smoking - Permitted in the Observation Deck area.
Exact airport hours are not known. However, according to a review in August 2016, sleeping inside the airport overnight was not permitted.
Lanzarote Airport is served by city bus routes 22, 23, 161 and 261, linking the airport to Arrecife, Playa Honda, Playa Blanca and Puerto del Carmen. Buses stop on the Arrivals level of both T1 and T2. Fares start at €1.40 one-way.
The following car rental agencies are available in T1 and T2: Auto Reisen, Avis, Cabrera Medina, Cicar, Europcar, Goldcar, Hertz and Payless.
Metered taxis are available at taxi ranks located on the Arrivals level of T1 and T2.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.