Larnaca Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Larnaca Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
With such a beautiful country as Cyprus I would have never expected such a bad-serviced airport. -Nikita
photo credit: NicosiaEurope / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Larnaca International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, modern international airport with one main passenger terminal. The airport facilities are clean and there is a limited variety of shops and restaurants, including some 24 hour options!
- Long, slow lines due to inefficient airport procedures.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Armrest-free metal benches are available landside, or if you have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy, there is some quiet, empty floor space behind a room near the exit doors on the upper level.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Larnaca International Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Larnaca airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Swissport Executive Lounge - Location: Airside, 3rd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: 12:00AM - 10:00PM (Mon, Wed, Fri) • 6:00AM - 12:00AM (Tues) • 4:30 - 12:00AM (Thurs, Sat) • 24 Hours (Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€33.00) • Book Online (£27.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Larnaca airport. Connect to the "Larnaka International Airport Wi-Fi" network.
If sleeping in Larnaca Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pasianna Hotel Apartments - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for a fee.
- Flamingo Beach Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for a fee.
- San Remo Hotel - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Larnaca Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are a total of five ATMs in the airport. Two are located in Check-in (near the bank), one is located airside (near Gate 23), and two more are located landside in the Baggage Reclaim area.
- Baby Care - Baby change facilities are located throughout the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Area - Game areas can be found throughout the airport including Airside Departures Level.
- Currency Exchange - There are two bank branches that offer currency exchange and basic banking services. Locations: Departures, Level 2, Check-In Area, Landside • Arrivals, Level 0, Airside. Hours: unknown.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available. If you will be returning to the airport, you can take advantage of the airport’s free “Shop & Collect” service, which stores your purchases until you return to the airport.
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Express Lane security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: €3,50 when booked online.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Departures, landside, Level 2 (only during Jul-Oct): Segafredo Espresso
- Departures, airside, Level 2 (only during Jul-Oct): Atrium Bar Bistro • Caffe Ritazza • Camden Food Co. • Costa Coffee • Food Village
- Departures, airside, Level 2 (year-round): Panopolis
- Arrivals, landside, Level 0 (year-round): Flo Cafe
- Information Desk - Yes, available in both the departures and arrivals area.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage storage is available for a period of up to 4 days (96 hours). Rates run from € 8.00 per piece of luggage (up to 3 hours) to € 38.00 per piece (up to 96 hours), or € 16.00 - € 54.00 per piece for oversized luggage. Location: “Special Baggage Counter” at the Check-in area, landside, Level 2.
- Luggage Wrapping - Safe-Sac luggage wrapping service is available in the Check-in area. Fee: unknown.
- Porter Service - Need extra arms to carry your luggage? A porter and trolley are on hand to assist you for a €10 fee.
- Showers - Showers are available in the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa & Salon Services - Melt away the stress of travel with a little “me time” at Xpress Spa. Express massage, mani / pedi, and more are available. Location: Departures, airside, across from Gate 23.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Public buses and airport shuttles are available to/from the airport. Check the airport website or inquire at the information desk.
Several companies offer rentals cars: Budget • Europcar • Sixt and others.
Taxis are available 24-hours a day, just outside the Arrivals Hall on Level 0. Some destinations farther afield have fixed prices.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.