Leeds Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Leeds Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Security ignored us completely, and we found a set of chairs without armrests in the corner of check-in hall A. My friend slept on the chairs, i slept on the floor, both of us in our sleeping bags. - jollyroger
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Leeds Bradford Airport.
What to Expect
- A small two-story international airport with clean facilities and a limited variety of shopping and dining options.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Reviewers who spent the night in this airport described their overall experience as quiet and peaceful.
- The Arrivals hall is very popular with overnight sleepers, because it is darker, warmer and has a vending machine for hot beverages.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Leeds Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Leeds airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Yorkshire Premier Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£21.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Leeds Airport. Connect to the “LeedsBradfordAirport_Free_Wifi” network. First time users will need to register information.
If sleeping in Leeds Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Travelodge Leeds Bradford Airport Hotel - (5 min walk from the airport) Located on airport grounds. No airport shuttle.
- Premier Inn Leeds Bradford Airport Hotel - (2 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Leeds Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located at the Travelex kiosks in International Arrivals (landside) and Departures (airside, near Gates 9/9A/10).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers currency exchange services in the airport. Locations: International Arrivals (landside) • Check-in Hall A • Departures (airside, near Gates 9/9A/10).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside, as well as a WHSmith and a small travel essentials shop. An additional WHSmith shop is located landside, near Domestic Arrivals.
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: £4.00 book online.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Burger King • Caffe Ritazza • Camden Food Company • Sports Bar • The Saltaire Bar & Eatery.
- Information Desk - There is one each at Check-in Halls A and B, landside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Pharmacy - Superdrug is located airside in the departure lounge.
- Prayer Room - A multi-faith prayer room is available. Location: Check-in Hall A, landside, near WHSmith. Hours: unknown.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - There is a smoking area located near Gate 8.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Flying Tiger buses offer convenient and frequent service between Leeds Airport and bus and railway stations in Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate.
Avis, Enterprise, Europcar and Hertz are located onsite in the main terminal, near International Arrivals
Arrow Cars offers exclusive access to pickup and drop off points at the airport, and is the only company authorized to drop passengers off in the terminal forecourt.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.