Lerwick Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lerwick Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I have NEVER seen a security team follow the 100ml liquid rules so strictly, even in the USA. -lasal
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sumburgh Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal regional airport with clean facilities and minimal shopping and dining options.
- Slow lines at the security checkpoint, due to thorough baggage check procedures.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lerwick Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free WiFi is available at Lerwick Airport.
If sleeping in Lerwick-Tingwall Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Herrislea House Hotel - (4 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel.
- Valley B&B - (4 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel.
To see more options there is a list of hotes near Lerwick Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - The airport’s only dining option, Airfarye Cafe, serves light meals and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Airfarye Cafe closes 15 minutes before the terminal does.
- Information Desk - Hours: open according to airport hours (see below)
- Quiet Room - Yes
- Shopping - Newspapers, toiletries, and last minute gifts can be purchased at the Airfarye Cafe.
- Showers - No
The airport is open 6:30AM - 8:30PM (Mon - Fri) • 7:30AM - 4:45PM (Sat) • 10:00AM - 8:00PM (Sun).
Zettrans offers scheduled service between the airport and central Lerwick.
Star Rent-A-Car is available onsite near the Arrivals baggage carrousels, offering services for Alamo, Europcar and National.
Taxis are readily available outside of the airport terminal.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.