Linz Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Linz Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
if you don't want to pay for an hotel our whatever, count on sleeping outside.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Linz Blue Danube Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal international airport with very limited shopping and dining options.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Linz Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Lift VIP Lounge - location: airside in the Schengen Departures.
Free WiFi is available at Linz Airport. Additionally, there are two free internet terminals available in the departure and transit areas.
If sleeping in Linz Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Gasthof Mandorfer - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Gasthof Linimayr - (10 min from airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Almtalerhof - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Linz Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - Groups can enjoy a tour of the airport and learn about the behind the scenes operation. During the tour you will visit the panorama terrace, Check-in area and Security control, explanation of the Transit Hall, hangars. Departures: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (May - September) at 10:00AM and 2:00PM. Duration: 90 minutes. Rate: EUR30 (groups up to 40) and EUR 60 (groups up to 60).
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available in the hallway between the Arrivals and Departures Areas.
- Baby Changing Room - Location: Departure Hall, Landside, Basement • Airside, Transit Zone.
- Banking - There is a an Allgemeine Sparkasse counter available. Hours: 9:00AM - 12:00PM & 2:00PM - 4:30PM (Mon-Fri).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Location: Airside, Transit Area.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24 hour food concessions at this airport. There is one restaurant located landside and a restaurant and cafe located airside.
- Information Desk - located between the Departures and Arrivals areas. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Lockers are located opposite the terminal in the Schedule Car Park 1.
- Showers - not available
- Terrace - For a beautiful view of the airport grounds head up to the rooftop terrace. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM. Rate: Free. The terrace may be closed during the winter for safety reasons.
The airport is open 5:30AM – 11:00PM (Mon-Fri) and 6:00AM – 11:00PM (Sat and Sun). The departure hall and parking area is open approximately 2.5 hours before the first flight daily.
Public bus no. 601 connects the airport to the Linz city center in 22 minutes. Single dare is €3.20 with discounts for children and elderly. Visit the airport website for the schedule.
The nearby Hörsching train station serves the airport, with a free shuttle bus connecting to the airport for those with valid plan tickets, from 5am to 10pm. Trains from the station connect to Linz and Wels. Visit the airport website for the schedule.
Taxis are located directly in front of the arrivals hall. Approximate fares: Linz Central Station €29.00, Linz city center €35.00, and €48.00 to Wels city center or Wels train station.
The following car rental companiesare available: Europcar • Avis • Budget • Hertz • Sixt. Offices are located in the building at Main Car Park 1.
Last Updated: 26 April 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.