Ljubljana Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ljubljana Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This would've been closer to a 5-star airport sleeping experience had I been more prepared and brought a pillow/blanket. -corib
photo credit: LucasSi / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean, quiet single-terminal international airport with a small variety of shops and restaurants.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers who spent the night in this airport describe their stays as quiet and hassle-free. There are a few padded benches opposite the restrooms near check-in, but if you have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy, you have your pick of empty floor spots to sleep in!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ljubljana Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge - Location: Departures Hall, Airside. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily).
Free WiFi is available in the main passenger terminal and the General Aviation Centre.
If sleeping in Ljubljana Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Penzion Jagodic - (3 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel.
- Hotel Silvester & Wellness - (3 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ljubljana Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - Tours are available, times and prices to be obtained via email.
- Art Gallery - Location: throughout the passenger terminal.
- ATMs / Cash Machine - Available landside
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Playground - There is a small children's play area in the Schengen and Non-Schengen areas of the terminal.
- Duty Free - Location: International Terminal, Schengen and Non-Schegen Area. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24 hour food concessions at the airport. There are cafes and restaurants available both landside and airside including 2 outdoor terraces.
- Information Desk - Location: Departure Hall, landside. Hours: unknown
- Massage Chairs - Location: Available airside
- Observation Deck - Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Post Office - Location: Airside. Hours: 8:30AM – 10:30AM and 2:30PM – 5:00PM (Mon – Fri) and 9:00AM – 11:00AM (Sat)
- Shower - not available
- Smoking - Head to one of the two terraces/restaurants for smoking areas, as well there are 2 designated smoking areas on the 1st Floor.
The airport closes for a few hours in the middle of the night. As of our last overnight review in September 2015, passengers inside the terminal are not kicked out. If you arrive at the time the airport is closed, you won't be allowed in until the terminal opens. Unfortunately, we do not currently have the exact hours of the terminal closure.
Alpetour and Alpe Adria Line offer scheduled airport bus service.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: ABC Rent a Car, Agio Rent a Car, Atet Rent a Car, Avant Car Rental Slovenia, Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Shared-ride airport shuttle service is offered by these companies: GoOpti, Markun Shuttle, MNJ Shuttle and Zup Prevozi Airport Shuttle.
Taxis are readily available at the taxi rank in front of the airport terminal.
Last Updated: 26 April 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.