Luxembourg Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Luxembourg Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Dreadful place to sleep, not even a plain surface to sleep on. But I did manage three hours. -Bengt
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Luxembourg Findel Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern international airport with two terminals: Terminals A and B. A small variety of shops and restaurants are available.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Luxembourg Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- The Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Airside. Hours: 4:00AM - to last scheduled departure (approx. 8:30PM).
Free WiFi is available at Luxembourg Airport. There are also 2 computer terminals providing free internet access, one can be found landside and the other is airside.
If sleeping in Luxembourg Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Luxembourg Aeroport - (5 min walk or 1 min ride from the airport) Free airport shuttle.
- NH Luxembourg - (3 min walk or 2 min ride from the airport) Free airport shuttle.
- Hotel Campanile Luxembourg Aeroport - (5 min walk or 1 min ride from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotel deals in Luxembourg on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 3 ATMs in Terminal A (airside and landside).
- Baby Care - Baby change facilities are located throughout the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Landside, ground floor, opposite the check-in counters, section J. Hours: 5:15AM - 8:15PM (Mon - Fri).
- Duty Free & Shopping - The airport offers 2 Duty Free shops as well as 2 news outlets.
- Food & Drinks - As of the last update, there were no 24 hour food and beverage concessions. There are however options available landside and airside in both Schengen and Non-Schengen areas.
- Information Desk - Location: Departure Hall, Landside, Ground Floor.
- Mobile Charging - There is an Orange charging station, airside, just after you pass through security.
- Observation Area - Head to the panoramic restaurant on the mezzanine level (landside) for views of the runway while grabbing a drink or snack. Hours: 11:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Smoking Areas - Location: near the boarding gates.
The airport is open 4:00AM - 12:00AM.
Bus 16 (Eurobus) runs daily between the airport, city center, Central Station and Kirchberg, with departures as frequent as every 10 minutes. Bus 29 links the airport to Central Station, with a few stops along the way. Fares for either bus are 2€, or free on Saturdays. Luxembourg Trier line 117 also serves the airport, with a one-way ticket cost of 4€. Flibco.com shuttle buses offer frequent daily service to/from France, Belgium and Germany (Frankfurt-Hahn). Multiple departures available daily, with fares starting at 5€.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite at the Gateway Level (-1): Avis/Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz/Thrifty and Sixt
Taxis are only available for hire at designated pick up sites throughout Luxembourg, including the railway station, airport and city center. Only licensed taxis with the red emblem on the front are authorized to pick up passengers at the airport with a prior reservation.
At the time of this update, a new train station is being constructed as part of the new Terminal A at Luxembourg Airport. This train station will link the airport to Central Station and the Kirchberg Plateau. Buses 16 and 29 offer service to Central Station during construction of the airport train station.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.