Maastricht Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Maastricht Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It can get really cold and windy if you wanna sleep on the concrete floor in front of the airport, can't really recommend that. There is less wind if you sleep straight next to the entrance doors. -kriti03
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Maastricht Aachen Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal cargo airport, with very limited international passenger flight service from low-cost carriers. Shopping and dining options are minimal.
- WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Maastricht Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
WiFi is available at Maastricht Airport. Additionally internet kiosks can be found airside in the departures area.
If sleeping in Maastrict Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Kempener - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- SamSam - (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Maastrict Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Arrivals, landside, near the Car Rentals.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Three dining options are available: A full-service restaurant for both passengers and visitors, an airside bar with light meal service, and a coffee shop located landside inside the gift shop at Arrivals.
- Information Desk - Location: landside, below the stairs at the "vertrek/departures" entrance of the passenger terminal. Hours: two hours before the first departure and 30 minutes after the last arrival.
- Observation Deck - Enjoy a view of the runway with the planes landing and taking off. Enter through the Tulip Inn Hotel.
- Shopping - There’s a newsstand located airside in Departures, and a gift shop located landside in Arrivals.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open from 6:00AM - 11:00PM.
Veolia route 59 Maastricht-Sittard links the airport with Dutch Railway (NS) stations in Maastricht, Sittard and Beek-Elsloo.
Car rental services are available onsite. Location: to the right of the Arrivals exit.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.