About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
Madrid Barajas Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Madrid Barajas Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Madrid Barajas best place to sleep is in the departure area, upstairs, about 20 people here right now between checkin point nr.153 and 130. No seats but with a coat on the floor and the backpack as a pillow is quite confi! And best thing, free WiFi :)-Мичаи on Facebook
photo credit: Paul [ submit a photo ]
I got into habit of checking sleepinginairports.net before I go anywhere, but since Barajas is such a big airport (4 terminals, 500 gates) I assumed everything will be perfect. Oh, I was so wrong!
In Terminal 1 there are no seats (exactly 0), in Terminal 2 there are 5 benches: cold, metal, weird-seized (a bit big for 1 but not enough for 2).
The lady at the information desk, when I asked where all the facilities had gone, proudly announced that they were open 24 hours. I guess that was it...
My friend was sleeping on the floor and she was woken up by security guards. We still don't know what they wanted :/
There was announcement repeating every 20minutes or so in Spanish and English: 'Please help us protect you. Do not leave your baggage unattended' and the cleaner kept cleaning the same piece of floor for about 4 hours that I spent there.
Pros? In Terminal 1 there is an 24hour cafeteria with hard single seats and the airside has actual seats.
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Amnios Lounge - Location: Terminal 4 Satellite, Airside, P2, non-Schengen flights. Showers are available ($). Hours: 6am - 12am (except Tues and Fri) • 430am - 12am (Tues & Fri). Lounge Access: €25+VAT (at the door) or £25.00 (book online).
- La Revoltosa - Location: Terminal 4, Airside, 1st Floor, Schengen flights. Hours: 530am - 1030pm. Lounge Access: €25+VAT (at the door) or £22.00 (book online).
- Sala VIP Cibeles - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, P2, non-Schengen flights, between Gates B26 and 29. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: €20.67 at the door.
- Sala Puerta de Alcala - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, P2, domestic and Schengen flights, near Gate D62. Hours: 5am - 11pm. Lounge Access: €20.67 at the door.
- Sala Puerta del Sol - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, P2, domestic & Schengen flights, near Gate E69. Hours: 430am - 11pm. Lounge Access: €20.67 at the door.
- Premium Lounge - Location: Terminal 4, Floor 0, Arrivals Hall. Hours: 7am - 11pm. Rate: unknown
- Dali VIP Lounge (Iberia) - Location: Terminal 4, P2
- Goya VIP Lounge (Iberia) - Location: Terminal 4Satellite, P0
- Velázquez VIP lounge (Iberia) - Location: Terminal 4, Satellite, P1
- Madrid VIP Lounge (Spanair) - Location: Terminal 2, P1
- Business Centre - Location: Terminal 4, floor 2, landside. Hours: 8am - 10pm. Access: €25 at the door.
- Free WiFi is available at Madrid Barajas Airport for 15 minutes.
- There are 99 Internet access points located throughout the Terminals. Some of these have printers and free mobile chargers.
If sleeping in the Madrid Barajas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
- Hotel Husa Nuevo Boston - 3 minutes from airport. Free 24 hour airport shuttle.
- Axor Feria - 5 minutes from the Airport. Free Airport Shuttle
- Hilton Hotel - 10 minutes from the airport. Free airport shuttle
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Madrid Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available landside and airside in Terminals 1, 2 and 4.
- Business Centre - Location: Terminal 4, P2. Hours: 8am-8pm
- Car Rentals - Avis • Europcar • Hertz • National • Sixt. Locations: Car Rental counters are located in Terminal 1 and 4
- Chapel - There are 3 locations: Terminal 1, P2 / Terminal 2, P1 / Terminal 4, P2.
- Children's Play Areas - There is a playground located in Terminal 2 on Floor 2, Boarding Area D.
- Currency Exchange - There are 3 currency exchange companies at Barajas. A few of them have 24-hour locations: American Express (Terminal 4, Satellite, Floor 1, Boarding Area and Terminal 4, Floor 2, Check-In Area) • Exact Change (Terminal 1, Floor 0, Baggage Claim and Terminal 1, Floor 1, Boarding Areas C) • Global Exchange (Terminal 1, Floor 0, Baggage Claim )
- Food / Dining - There are many food concessions available throughout the terminals. Below there are only two 24-hour food options:
»Terminal 1 - Food Gallery (landside, floor 1)
»Terminal 4 - McDonalds (landside, floor 2)
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Locations: Terminal 1, P0 / Terminal 2, P1 / and Terminal 4, P0. Rates: from €5.80 (large and small locker) per day. Hours: open 24 hours
- Mosque - Location: before security in Terminal 1, P2 / Terminal 4/P2.
- Playground - Location: Terminal 2, P1
- Showers - Information not available
open 24 hours
Madrid Travel Resources
- Madrid Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 01 Oct 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.