Menorca Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Menorca Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I would recommend it, because it was really good fun!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Menorca Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal airport, served mainly by seasonal international flights. A limited variety of shops and restaurants are available,
- Free WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Menorca Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Menorca Airport. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
If sleeping in Menorca Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Matchani Gran - (9 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel.
- Llucmacanes Gran Agroturismo - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel.
- Hotel Son Tretze - (12 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel.
- Binissafullet Vell Agroturismo Menorca - (13 min from the airport) The hotel is physically close to the airport, but there is no direct road to the airport. Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Menorca Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two locations: Floor 1, Departures Hall • Floor 0, Arrivals Hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Location: Level 2, Airside. There is a separate "Children's Room" located in the Departures Hall, Floor 1, Landside.
- Duty Free & Shopping - 2 Duty Free shops are available as well as a small selection of other shops.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24 hour food concessions available at this airport. There are coffee shops and restaurants available both Landside and Airside.
- Information Desk - Location: P1. Hours: unknown
- Luggage Storage - not available
- Pharmacy - Location: Floor 1, Landside. Hours: 9:00AM - 2:00PM and 4:30PM – 8:00PM (Mon – Sun) and 9:00AM – 2:00PM (Sun)
- Showers - not available
In July 2016, a reader tells us that they asked for the airport hours and was told the airport is open from 6:00AM - 1:00AM.
Bus line 10 links the airport to the central bus terminal in Mahon. Departures are available every 30 minutes from June - September, and hourly all other times. A one-way ticket is €2.50. Connections to bus lines serving the rest of the island are available from the central bus terminal.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite in an area next to the airport terminal: Avis, Europcar, Hertz, National Atesa and Owners Cars.
Taxis are readily available at the taxi rank in front of the Arrivals Hall at the main terminal. Estimated one-way fare between the airport and Mahon is 10€.
Last Updated: 26 April 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.