Narvik Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Narvik Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
we were not sure whether it would really be possible to sleep there. But the service staff ensured us that the security won't throw anybody into the cold. - a traveller
photo credit: Petterhot / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Narvik Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal airport, served only by flights to Bodø, via Widerøe Airline. Shopping and dining options are minimal.
- Free WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- In this tiny airport, the only option is the floor, so have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort! Overnight sleepers are rare for this airport, so let airport security know of your intentions beforehand, as this airport usually closes for the night.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Narvik Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free WiFi is available at Narvik Airport for two hours. Connect to the "Airport" network, select "Gratis WiFi", follow the instructions and you will receive a username and password by SMS. When the two hours is expired, you can logon for additional time without payment.
If sleeping in Narvik Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Scandic Narvik - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Narvik Hotel- (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Narvik Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two ATMs. The ATM in the public area dispenses norwegian kroners. The ATM located between the security check and the cafe dispenses norwegian kroners and euros.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there are no 24-hour food or beverage concessions. Picnic Cafe og Point is located in the departure hall airside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 7:00AM - 10:00PM (Monday - Friday) • 7:25AM - 12:15PM (Saturday) • 12:30AM - 9:30PM (Sunday)
Bus services link Narvik Airport to Narvik, Harstad, Sortland, Lofoten and Vesterålen.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are readily available outside of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 17 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.