Östersund Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Östersund Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
you can sleep under a rain-protected roof on a 2 meters long (but hard) bench, just bring a sleeping bag (can be very cold). - miicoo
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Åre Östersund Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport, with clean and modern facilities and very limited shopping and dining options. Östersund is served by regional flights and seasonal international flights.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport. For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Östersund Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Östersund airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Express Lounge - Location: Landside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door.
Free WiFi is available at Östersund Airport for up to 3 hours or 100mb of data download. Connect to the “Airport-Guest” network. For additional time, you can pay SEK 49 (1 hour) - SEK 129 (24 hours).
If sleeping in Östersund Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Quality Hotel & Resort Froso Park - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Clarion Hotel Grand Ostersund - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Emma - (12 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Östersund Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Not available
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Food options are limited to one restaurant located airside. There are no 24 hour food options in the airport.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available at the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Landside
- Showers - Not available
unknown (closes after the last flight - unconfirmed)
An airport bus service runs between the airport and Frösön/Östersund, scheduled to coordinate with all departing and arriving flights. Connections to regional buses available at Gustav III Square in central Östersund. Service to Odensala and Torvalla is available for flights arriving after 10:00PM. Total trip time between the airport and central Östersund is about 15 - 20 minutes. Buses depart from Stand 1, to the left of the airport bus depot. A one-way ticket costs SEK 90.
Avis, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt offer car rental services onsite.
Taxis are readily available at the airport during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.